Online Vinyl Deals

Anyone ever get and updates/records from Crateism?

On Instagram this morning, I said it had been one month now. That's it.

She blocked me. This is her idea of customer service. Smfh

Man, I finally got them to ship me my monthly selection last week.......................from September 2022.

Based on my experience, the hands-down worst record service out there.

Not another penny. Ever.

Last edited:

I was told on July 8 that my order would ship in about 2 weeks. So we will see…not sure if anybody on here has gotten orders from the mystery boxes shipped yet

I emailed and just said I would like to cancel this order…no reply nothing but did check cc and got an instant refund

Plus I wouldn't care nearly as much if they would just send emails communicating this. How hard is that?!?

I got this email from them about the mystery box delay about a week ago. I hadn't emailed them at all.

Hello! Due to the high number of orders received, the estimated shipping time is approximately 2 weeks. A tracking number will automatically be sent to the email you provided once it goes out.

We do apologize for the delay. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

The Crateism Team

I got this email from them about the mystery box delay about a week ago. I hadn't emailed them at all.

Hello! Due to the high number of orders received, the estimated shipping time is approximately 2 weeks. A tracking number will automatically be sent to the email you provided once it goes out.

We do apologize for the delay. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

The Crateism Team
I guess they like you more than me, lol

on Crateism -- mostly just because is a little amazing: On July 8, I got an email from them saying that they are just getting around to shipping the order from last July's ROTM. (Tyler the Creator, FWIW)

so, a year.

Now with that said, I've truly no idea what they were thinking when they made that ROTM club offer for ~$12 and how it would be anything that they would want to fulfill. I can only assume that whatever source, stock overrun, etc. didn't play out.

What does feel like a missed opportunity is managing the comms. They did a ridiculous thing that could have been a PR joyride. Had they leaned in with an abundance of transparency I think that most people would have looked at it as fun and slightly crazy play from a scrappy shop.

Instead it just comes across as lazy or an integrity gap. I'm not terribly emotionally invested in getting the records, but I sure wouldn't recommend shopping there to anyone. I can't imagine that was there goal when they made that (truly bonkers) offer.

Late to the crateism stuff, but a google search really only revealed their socials until I got to an interview and found something I found kind of funny given all the recent posts... That last line made me laugh.

What has been / is the most difficult part of your job?
Right now, it’s inventory and operating costs. A lot of our distributors don’t have the staff that they used to and wholesale prices are going up so that means we’re sometimes receiving things late and also deciding if we should raise our prices. Thankfully, we have great customers. They have been really understanding!

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I could ship at least 100 orders a day by myself. So even with a small staff, I think a month is a bit much.
Logistics are an important part of a mail order business. Under promise and over deliver. If you are planning a sale get the boxes prepped beforehand, know approximately how many you can distribute within a reasonable amount of time, and limit the amount of sales according to what you are able to handle as a small business. If you sell out of your first batch you can have another sale later and prep for more for the next round. If the customers are happy they will likely buy more of your product in the future.

Logistics are an important part of a mail order business. Under promise and over deliver. If you are planning a sale get the boxes prepped beforehand, know approximately how many you can distribute within a reasonable amount of time, and limit the amount of sales according to what you are able to handle as a small business. If you sell out of your first batch you can have another sale later and prep for more for the next round. If the customers are happy they will likely buy more of your product in the future.
We don't do common sense in here, @TenderLovingKiller®.

Back