Online Vinyl Deals

Also if nobody can bid on the that Music Matters Speak No Evil so I win that would be cool.
I put in an offer for $60 which I thought was somewhat reasonable and the guy came back with $105 :rolleyes: It’s still available for $75 new... I’m not going over my offer price but I’m assuming it will go closer to $80... we are all crazy.

I put in an offer for $60 which I thought was somewhat reasonable and the guy came back with $105 :rolleyes: It’s still available for $75 new... I’m not going over my offer price but I’m assuming it will go closer to $80... we are all crazy.
Pretty sure it is out of stock, at least on MM and Elusive Disc. And he likely priced it at 105 since that’s what it’s selling for on discogs.

I think I have maybe had one offer accepted on something that was at auction on eBay and no buy it now. Especially right when they go on sale and have 6 days left. People take offers when they are desperate and have a little time left and no bids. I just did some offers on discogs for some Joe Henderson MM pressings and fully expected to get a higher counteroffer, but the person accepted $40 each for the two I bought. I might try to make some offers on the others she has for sale now...

Pretty sure it is out of stock, at least on MM and Elusive Disc. And he likely priced it at 105 since that’s what it’s selling for on discogs.

I think I have maybe had one offer accepted on something that was at auction on eBay and no buy it now. Especially right when they go on sale and have 6 days left. People take offers when they are desperate and have a little time left and no bids. I just did some offers on discogs for some Joe Henderson MM pressings and fully expected to get a higher counteroffer, but the person accepted $40 each for the two I bought. I might try to make some offers on the others she has for sale now...
Damn, you’re right. Happy I cashed in on the Shorter releases before some of them went OOS.

Crazy.

Just saw that The Soothesayer was the other day and FOMO’d myself into a 1979 NM/NM- Japanese copy on Discogs (Original?). Just need a nice copy of The All Seeing Eye and Schizophrenia now. Sort of hoping that Tone Poet releases TASE in 2020 or 2021, but I’ll probably have a copy by then.

Do we anticipate that the Tone Poets releases will become as valuable as the MM releases are?
Perhaps more than current market value if they ever stop pressing them, but I believe their plans are to make them readily available and not limited.

They are phenomenal presses through and through though.

Oh damn yeah it must have just went out of stock in the last week or so. I still have one in my cart on MM website but it says out of stock on the release page. I really wish they would just reprint the entire series. I’m sure they would easily sell out again.

Oh damn yeah it must have just went out of stock in the last week or so. I still have one in my cart on MM website but it says out of stock on the release page. I really wish they would just reprint the entire series. I’m sure they would easily sell out again.
They didn't sell out quickly at all. The way they went crazy with their pricing makes it seem like they are trying to squeeze every last cent out of what they have and create FOMO to sell more out (which seems to have sort of worked) so I'd be surprised if they started doing major represses. You never know though.

Edit:They have repressed some already in the past, in a really shady way, too.

I love watching the vinyl chase. I’m a recovering vinyl junkie. I still get the calling, the pull each and every single day. I live a little through these forums, but I’m holding strong. I mean, I struggle with it...Black Pumas was just too overwhelming for me, but I’ve cut way back. Funny, leaving the VMP hole was revelatory. I never realized how many FOMO purchases for things I never listen to I actually made. Now, I suddenly have coffee money...okay, my wife has left my side..,that’s all bullshit (except for the VMP comment)...I’m holding strong because I’m heading to the xponential festival in Philly at the end of July. Three days of music and meet and greets. I walk away with 20 plus albums autographed, same with gig posters, plus photos. I’m saving up to purchase all those records for signatures from my favorite music store, Main Street Music in Manayunk outside Philly. I’m coming Pat and Dan! I need a few dozen. Shhh, she’s back...

Taj Mahal - Taj Mahal [New Vinyl] Holland - Import Music on Vinyl pressing $8.98 + sate tax (if applicable) with free shipping.came out to be right over $9.00 for me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taj-Mahal-Taj-Mahal-New-Vinyl-Holland-Import/133052364161

Picked this up this morning. I used to play the hell out of this on CD when I was a teenager. For anyone who likes the Allman Brothers, Clapton, Bonnie Raitt, or any other incarnation of blues rock, this is absolutely an essential album. Most of the Allman Brothers' classic sound was directly inspired by Taj's playing on this. Hell, they even did a cover of Statesboro Blues for that reason.

I love watching the vinyl chase. I’m a recovering vinyl junkie. I still get the calling, the pull each and every single day. I live a little through these forums, but I’m holding strong. I mean, I struggle with it...Black Pumas was just too overwhelming for me, but I’ve cut way back. Funny, leaving the VMP hole was revelatory. I never realized how many FOMO purchases for things I never listen to I actually made. Now, I suddenly have coffee money...okay, my wife has left my side..,that’s all bullshit (except for the VMP comment)...I’m holding strong because I’m heading to the xponential festival in Philly at the end of July. Three days of music and meet and greets. I walk away with 20 plus albums autographed, same with gig posters, plus photos. I’m saving up to purchase all those records for signatures from my favorite music store, Main Street Music in Manayunk outside Philly. I’m coming Pat and Dan! I need a few dozen. Shhh, she’s back...

Cool little shop, was only there once... don't get down that way often.

Cool little shop, was only there once... don't get down that way often.
The thing I love about that shop is that it’s run by music lovers. You know how you can go into a record store and have essentially zero communication with the employees...Just grab what you want and they say thank you, having no idea what you just got because they don’t listen to it. Well, when you walk into Main Street Music, be prepared to talk about what you picked, and then find all these other bands similar to the one you’re buying from all their recommendations, and they listen to your recommendations and look them up to listen to as well. They don’t price gouge, plus they have frequent buyer cards...buy 10 lps and get one free. I mean, c’mon. The last time I was there the discussion revolved around which Rayland Baxter album was best, and there were differing viewpoints amongst us! I’m talking Rayland Baxter! All that, plus the best burgers in Philly are right across the street at Lucky’s Last Chance...bacon cheeseburger with peanut butter and a side of dipping jelly. I was a skeptic until I had one, and now everything else pales in comparison.

Mmmmmmm..... bacon & peanut butter w/ dipping jelly

SilentPeskyEastrussiancoursinghounds-max-1mb.gif

Back