Online Vinyl Deals

Man…I used to like RT. Their store was walking distance to me so I could get stuff shipped to the store for free and pick it up. They had an awesome little venue there too, always had autographed newer albums for no markup and were generally nice people that worked there. Sucks that it’s fallen off so hard.

I'm still relatively cool with them. They'll usually offer to send replacements.

I just received my last batch of three LPs today. However, two of them were opened and one missing the download card. Has anyone else received records from Rough Trade that seem to be either used or in-store play copies?
Yes. I got a couple albums with no cellophane. I just got them, so it looked like they were scrambling. I need to spin them and make sure they’re okay. While I am less than pleased with the fall out from this sale, it was a killer sale and I am willing to accept used records given the price as long as the vinyl is in good condition. If I had paid full price for any of these albums and I would be mad.

Not really a bargain, but not necessarily a definitive audiophile pressing either, so it goes here.

Large crease to jacket but vinyl is supposed to be M. $60 includes shipping. Might be of interest to someone here...

If it were the version that used the the wrong masters, it would be a steal. Otherwise, it's fairly easy to find, at least around here.

Saw this at Darkside today and seriously considered paying full boat until I saw it on Amazon for this crazy discount. Asked if they had any wiggle room at all because I’d rather buy from them but no dice. Just couldn’t justify paying almost double in store.

Almost Famous Original Soundtrack 20th Anniversary Deluxe Amazon product ASIN B095557C92

Yes. I got a couple albums with no cellophane. I just got them, so it looked like they were scrambling. I need to spin them and make sure they’re okay. While I am less than pleased with the fall out from this sale, it was a killer sale and I am willing to accept used records given the price as long as the vinyl is in good condition. If I had paid full price for any of these albums and I would be mad.

My guess would be that they are shipping some remaining/leftover stock that isn't in the best cosmetic condition or the shrink peeled off; stuff they're hoping to unload in the sale.

Saw this at Darkside today and seriously considered paying full boat until I saw it on Amazon for this crazy discount. Asked if they had any wiggle room at all because I’d rather buy from them but no dice. Just couldn’t justify paying almost double in store.

Almost Famous Original Soundtrack 20th Anniversary Deluxe Amazon product ASIN B095557C92
For others, If you're willing to take a chance on Warehouse there is a copy as low as 82 or so. A couple big discounts on the Super Deluxe too

Amazon product ASIN B095KXVBD9
I think I spent 40 or do on the fancier 2 LP so... pretty good for all the extras

Ambient/new age label Past Inside the Present is running a bundle sale for some LPs:

There are 26 selections to choose from. Of those, I highly recommend Patricia Wolf's I'll Look For You in Others from this past February which has been restocked with 30 copies.

Got my Get Hip order in this morning. It was a huge box but felt pretty light. Opened it up to find it full of packing peanuts and a tiny box inside with a glass pint glass. Briefly thought I had been scammed...but all the records were in the bottom under the sea of packing peanuts hah. Nice of them to include the pint glass! Maybe they sent it because they oversold one album I had in my order. But got 3 albums for $60 shipped and a free pint glass. Not too shabby.

Back