Online Vinyl Deals

Is the resale value on these massive? I wouldn't mind buying one or two of the 3 box set, because fuck Amazon.
I bought a set when it was on sale for $12 late last year, and recently sold it still sealed for $40. Barely worth the investment after seller fees, packaging, and a trip to the post office, but a little $$ is better than no $$.

To add on to this, I tend to use Dealforager to look for Warehouse vinyl, good way to filter out, title search, etc.

I would agree that Like New is usually safe. I think most of my "like new" results come in shrink still. Very Good is usually solid, I think I've returned one or two for being way off base but I've gotten sealed "very good", often opened and returned without signs of damage. I'll dip into good for the right deal too, though I have a return spot right near be and it's very easy to return items so that's part of it.

My personal, super general guidelines is something around 20-35-50-65% off for Like New / Very Good / Good/ Acceptable if it's something I would want but everyone can vary, I don't remember the last time I rolled the dice on acceptable without an absurd discount and that can vary a bit on if the record is regularly available at retail or sale and if my local has it or not (I generally try not to order items my LRS has off of Warehouse unless it's such a huge difference that it's notable)

Like Mingerton says, not all Warehouse items have that flag but a lot do so it's worth checking. I'm rolling the dice on a couple (Amy Winehouse's At The BBC can be lowered to a sane level as can Celeste's My Muse, both of which run pricy)

Packaging varies, I'd say about 80% or so of my Warehouse items came at least in a box, and usually a mailer inside of a box, though there seems to be no way to predict

I got Early James Singing for My Supper and Mandolin Orange This Side of Jordan for $9.97. Mandolin Orange was acceptable but I gave it a shot since the record is OOP.

Just an fyi, I got an email from target last night with a deal through the Target Circle app that if I spend $75 today or tomorrow I get $15 off. If you have a couple albums you've been waiting on you could save a few bucks with this. Plus it doesn't have to be albums so you could add tp or something like my wife made me do, lol.
i wish target circle would do the same deals for everyone. I got a deal that's $25 back if you have two target charges of $100+ which isnt nearly as good as yours!

Popmarket is currently offering Joni Mitchell's Archives, Vol. 1: The Early Years (1963-1967) 5-CD set (this wasn't released on vinyl, though I believe the recent RSD single-LP release of the same title provides a Reader's Digest version of it) for $39.79, and with the coupon code POP15, it comes to $33.82 with free shipping. Seems almost too good to pass up.....

Popmarket is currently offering Joni Mitchell's Archives, Vol. 1: The Early Years (1963-1967) 5-CD set (this wasn't released on vinyl, though I believe the recent RSD single-LP release of the same title provides a Reader's Digest version of it) for $39.79, and with the coupon code POP15, it comes to $33.82 with free shipping. Seems almost too good to pass up.....

Thanks for this, makes the decision on whether to buy the vinyl or CD for Archives Vol 2 a little easier.

1624362333158.png

1. REGULAR MAIL (Regular service: 3-10 days working days)
Spain: 3€. FREE SHIPPING for orders over 30€
European Union, Swizterland, Norway: 5€. FREE SHIPPING for orders over 30€
Rest of the World: 15 - 90€. The shipping costs varies according to your order. FREE SHIPPING for orders over 250€.
Some Restrictions may apply.

2. TNT (Standard Courier Delivery: 2-5 working days) No matter the number of items ordered, only pay one delivery.
Spain: 5€
European Union: 13,50€ FREE SHIPPING. Only available in Spain & EU for orders over 120€.
No shipping available via TNT outside the EU and the countries mentioned above.
Some Restrictions may apply.

Last time they had cheapest options to the US with DHL, contact them at customerservice@jazzmessengers.com

For people in Germany: Mediamarkt is offering 30 % off on many vinyl records. It's valid until Sunday, the 27th of June.

From my experience, they often can't deliver in the end, but if it's getting through, it's a great deal. I'd recommend choosing picking up at the retail store and paying there, so you don't have to run after your money in case they cancel the order. Some records are only available for delivery though.

Back