Online Vinyl Deals

So nobody that got the Rhino Electric Warrior has a Rocktober sticker on there? If so I'm thinking that might point to it being a repress, right? Good news.

Edit:here's what discogs shows

R-11034499-1509643698-6366.jpeg.jpg

Is the deadwax exactly the same?

So nobody that got the Rhino Electric Warrior has a Rocktober sticker on there? If so I'm thinking that might point to it being a repress, right? Good news.

I don't think it's a repress just because it's missing stickers. Everything on it says 2017 and the dead wax is exactly the same.

You think they just forgot to put stickers on a bunch of old stock?
Makes more sense to me than repress where a small handful of stores getting a few copies in. Seems more likely that the distributor found a box of them. The only places that got stock are Deep Discount and then a few shops who all use the same inventory/warehouse software. The Amazon seller was also Deep Discount.

Makes more sense to me than repress where a small handful of stores getting a few copies in. Seems more likely that the distributor found a box of them. The only places that got stock are Deep Discount and then a few shops who all use the same inventory/warehouse software. The Amazon seller was also Deep Discount.
My Amazon order (that was delayed) was from "Amazon Services", actually. 🤷‍♂️

No Rocktober or RTI sticker on mine.

🤷‍♂️ just seems pretty strange. Wonder if some of them were missing stickers back in 2017.

My Amazon order (that was delayed) was from "Amazon Services", actually. 🤷‍♂️

No Rocktober or RTI sticker on mine.
The whole thing is weird. Somebody on Hoffman said it was a "repress" for the Rock and Roll hall of fame induction but that makes even less sense to me and they had no proof of that.

It's obviously anecdotal as well, but between here and Hoffman, I have seen maybe 20 people who successfully have gotten copies of it. I have also gotten a decent amount of records without the proper hype stickers on them in the past so that doesn't seem all that weird to me. I just would think that a repress would have produced WAY more copies of it.

The whole thing is weird. Somebody on Hoffman said it was a "repress" for the Rock and Roll hall of fame induction but that makes even less sense to me and they had no proof of that.

It's obviously anecdotal as well, but between here and Hoffman, I have seen maybe 20 people who successfully have gotten copies of it. I have also gotten a decent amount of records without the proper hype stickers on them in the past so that doesn't seem all that weird to me. I just would think that a repress would have produced WAY more copies of it.
Yeah, good points... it's a mystery, to be sure.

Yeah if it was a repress then this is a trickle before we would see a ton of copies. I don't believe if it is a repress that they have already dried up.

Listening to these now... very nice. Really dig Ethiopian Knights! Highly recommend 👌🏻
That album is so rad. It was one of the first Blue Note albums I bought. There used to be a flea market near where I lived and everything was $2. I used to go with $10 each week to pick up 5 albums and the guy working there saw the stuff I was picking out every week and started recommending things for me and pulling out records. He had a box of higher priced albums that he kept hidden from most customers and shared it with me one day. It was full of original Blue Notes. He gave me a copy of Black Byrd for $10 or something and told me if I liked that, I should keep an eye out for Ethiopian Knights and I ended up picking up a repress of it a week later at my local.

I think they took so much grief for the Satanic Majesties box that they decided less is more... When in fact its actually less. I paid £35 forgetting I already had the DSD and they sound pretty much identical so unless the 7 inch is a must (or people don't have the DSD/ another version) I'm not sure there is value is exactly there. The Goats Head Soup deluxe is another story
Oh yeah, 68 pages of grousing about the Beggars Banquet 50th anniversary edition at Hoffman. That place is weird.

I didn't care about the extras. But my dad's OG is pretty worn. And, I can't find the 2003 DSD in the US for less than $35, so this was a good deal.

This is sort of like the Pearl Jam - MTV Unplugged album that popped up recently. The copy I purchased actually did have the RSD sticker on it, but there has been speculation about how/why there were just enough of them to be popping up in multiple places (selling out quickly), but not enough to suggest it was a repress.

Oh yeah, 68 pages of grousing about the Beggars Banquet 50th anniversary edition at Hoffman. That place is weird.

I didn't care about the extras. But my dad's OG is pretty worn. And, I can't find the 2003 DSD in the US for less than $35, so this was a good deal.
Theyre fucking off the map in there. They'll spend pages arguing the toss about whether a run out groove in a reissue is longer or shorter than an original. Seriously.. Who cares?

Back