Online Vinyl Deals

Thanks for this, I checked the UK Store and saw they have their Nerija exclusive on sale for 10 pounds!! Amazing album which I recommend everyone to pick up

So, while you're at it:

And for the US folks:

I went to barnes and noble today and they had a huge section of 50% off albums. A whole row. Lots of good deals.

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to B&N until today, and I could see that the scavengers had taken almost all the good stuff (I mean picked clean!), but I did manage to find a couple they missed:

Sting - Ten Summoner's Tales
Jimi Hendrix - Both Sides of the Sky
Game of Thrones Season 2 OST

For those curious, there were a couple other worthwhile finds, but most of the stuff there was probably never gonna sell.

Examples:
Outkast - Southernplaya...
Big Grams - S/T
Justin Timberlake - 20/20
Elliot Smith
Diana Krall - all of her albums were on sale
A bunch of Willie Nelson
Average White Band
Pink Floyd - Final Cut
NICKELBACK!!!
Several OST's (Harry Potter, Kill Bill vol 2, Reservoir Dogs, etc)
Bob Dylan - Triplicate
A ton of Aaron Neville!!

Just woke up & spent 80euro but damn these prices I couldn't let them go 😭 I mean the top two would have cost me almost €70 alone in my local tower records been watching them for a long time now

Screenshot_20200104-113856_Chrome.jpg

I got my uDiscover sale package in (the QotSA Rated R held it up), and everything looked except one thing:

The Abbey Road 50th Anniversary LP I ordered? they sent the 2009 remaster instead.

This is going to be a pain

My experience has been pretty bad so far. No communication after placing a 200 dollar order for a bunch of Blue Note albums. I followed up again this week and they said one album was holding up the order so i asked them to cancel the one album and ship. Then they respond and say another album is out of stock as well. If I didnt get the 20% off on top of the 30%, I would have cancelled forever ago.

My experience has been pretty bad so far. No communication after placing a 200 dollar order for a bunch of Blue Note albums. I followed up again this week and they said one album was holding up the order so i asked them to cancel the one album and ship. Then they respond and say another album is out of stock as well. If I didnt get the 20% off on top of the 30%, I would have cancelled forever ago.
I am still patiently waiting for my copy of The Band and Unplugged that we’re supposed to ship in early November. Last I hear it will now be late January. It just seems to be the current state of distribution unfortunately. My Beastie Boys bundle from FatBeats was delayed 2 months my most recent order from TTL was delayed a month, my Chance order was delayed. Releases at my LRS get delayed by weeks sometimes also. Doesn’t seem like anything is on time right now. I usually follow up about 2 weeks after the initial release if I haven’t heard anything then about once a month from that point forward. I haven’t had any order cancelled yet but the delays can certainly be frustrating for sure.

I am still patiently waiting for my copy of The Band and Unplugged that we’re supposed to ship in early November. Last I hear it will now be late January. It just seems to be the current state of distribution unfortunately. My Beastie Boys bundle from FatBeats was delayed 2 months my most recent order from TTL was delayed a month, my Chance order was delayed. Releases at my LRS get delayed by weeks sometimes also. Doesn’t seem like anything is on time right now. I usually follow up about 2 weeks after the initial release if I haven’t heard anything then about once a month from that point forward. I haven’t had any order cancelled yet but the delays can certainly be frustrating for sure.
Barely a silver lining, but my Chance albums have started moving - expected on Thursday I think. So that whole deal is at least heading in the right direction.

They've replied to me, but it's a day at least after each message sent. I had 2 packages with quite a few records. First was delayed by 2 records, had to cancel those so they could send the others. They didn't inform me, I had to message to see what was going on. Once I got them, a good portion had dented corners as they just put them in a loose box with one sheet of bubble wrap laying on top. Second package came packed much better after complaining. Need to send pictures of the damaged ones so they can do something to make that right.

It has been a bit of a pain, but those sale prices were so good 😭

Oh here's a good one- I went to another BN and found a Ramones- End Of the Century for $12

I get home and notice that it isn't in shrink wrap, but a resealable sleeve with no hype stickers (just the 50% off one) , THEN I notice that the store anti-theft sticker is placed one the record jacket itself! The jacket corner had a crease and it had overall signs of shelf wear: they sold me a pre-owned record that they repackaged and put on the shelf

Oh here's a good one- I went to another BN and found a Ramones- End Of the Century for $12

I get home and notice that it isn't in shrink wrap, but a resealable sleeve with no hype stickers (just the 50% off one) , THEN I notice that the store anti-theft sticker is placed one the record jacket itself! The jacket corner had a crease and it had overall signs of shelf wear: they sold me a pre-owned record that they repackaged and put on the shelf
There was a lot of stuff at the store I went to that looked like it was a return or was somehow pre-owned. Figured this wasn't isolated behavior...

There was a lot of stuff at the store I went to that looked like it was a return or was somehow pre-owned. Figured this wasn't isolated behavior...

My copy of Get Behind Me Satan by the White Stripes didn't have a 50% off sticker but I knew it was on sale because other people online had been buying it. I asked if it was discounted, and it was, but they also pointed out that the copy was a return. It is shrink wrapped though and I haven't opened it yet. I probably should.

Rough Trade pretty big sale. Lots of good stuff on sale:

For adventurous listeners, Föllakzoid - I, one of my 10 favorite albums from 2019, is included in this sale at a great price.

Highly recommended.

Back