NYClub

gregathon

In Living Stereo is only a hifi store now...it was one of my favorites but they got rid of the record store portion a few years ago unless they brought the records back.
Ugh, yeah I haven't been there in some time. I also realized Good Records is now Stranded Records.

It's also just a 10 minute train ride to Human Head (from Union Square to Montrose Ave on the L train) Comparable to walking over to the East Village. I also forgot Limited to One. I haven't been to the brick and mortar in person but they always have a top notch selection at Record Fairs and on Instagram.

Last edited:

gregathon

Thanks, I come from the days of Sounds, Second Coming, etc.
Ah I've only been record shopping here since 2003, and just only moved here in 2013 and even in that short time it's gotten more sparse. I definitely missed the heydays, but was happy I still got to experience some classics to measure other stores against. It seems like a few new things are popping up in Bushwick/Willamsburg etc, but they've all been adjusted to reflect the trendiness of vinyl out there. Dollar bins are now like $8+ bins...

djdavedk

Trying to check out train alternatives... L train looks like it's pretty slow or maybe under construction? Looking like 30+ minutes to BK.

Last edited:

Wolfman Jack

Staying in Queens for My Morning Jacket this weekend.... I suppose Brooklyn is my best bet for nearby record shops? Hi Fi records seems the closest.

I may go into Manhattan for some so any recommendations are appreciated!

sorcerer

If any of you are into some experimental hip hop / afrofuturism type stuff, Standing On The Corner is premiering their film "AFROPROJECTION #1: THE SWEET ATMOSPHERED PHASED AT 120° AND WENT BLANK WHEN THE UNIVERSE COLLAPSED" at 291 Grand St. in NYC

Screens today and tomorrow at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm. It's an hour long and has two intermissions.

It also looks like they're doing an opening set 18 minutes before the first screenings. I'd def recommend being there for that cause their shows are crazy