NYClub

In Living Stereo is only a hifi store now...it was one of my favorites but they got rid of the record store portion a few years ago unless they brought the records back.
Ugh, yeah I haven't been there in some time. I also realized Good Records is now Stranded Records.

It's also just a 10 minute train ride to Human Head (from Union Square to Montrose Ave on the L train) Comparable to walking over to the East Village. I also forgot Limited to One. I haven't been to the brick and mortar in person but they always have a top notch selection at Record Fairs and on Instagram.

Last edited:
Thanks, I come from the days of Sounds, Second Coming, etc.
Ah I've only been record shopping here since 2003, and just only moved here in 2013 and even in that short time it's gotten more sparse. I definitely missed the heydays, but was happy I still got to experience some classics to measure other stores against. It seems like a few new things are popping up in Bushwick/Willamsburg etc, but they've all been adjusted to reflect the trendiness of vinyl out there. Dollar bins are now like $8+ bins...

Last edited:
Staying in Queens for My Morning Jacket this weekend.... I suppose Brooklyn is my best bet for nearby record shops? Hi Fi records seems the closest.

I may go into Manhattan for some so any recommendations are appreciated!

Long shot here as I assume none of you will know what I'm even talking about.
But I'm looking for a bar (preferably in Manhattan) that is hosting Triple J's Hottest 100 of the Decade this Friday. Its a much bigger deal here in Australia but I know there are usually international listening parties; anyone got any leads?

Long shot here as I assume none of you will know what I'm even talking about.
But I'm looking for a bar (preferably in Manhattan) that is hosting Triple J's Hottest 100 of the Decade this Friday. Its a much bigger deal here in Australia but I know there are usually international listening parties; anyone got any leads?
Baby's All Right hosted a fundraiser event for the wildfires by playing it live back in January I believe, but I don't really know many places that might have a listening party again...maybe search out an Aussie bar? I'd also recommend searching on facebook maybe because that feels like an event a bar would post to facebook...

Baby's All Right hosted a fundraiser event for the wildfires by playing it live back in January I believe, but I don't really know many places that might have a listening party again...maybe search out an Aussie bar? I'd also recommend searching on facebook maybe because that feels like an event a bar would post to facebook...

Thanks for the suggestion, I've had a bit of a poke around Facebook and sent some messages which led me to Benson's who are now going to have it on.

Anyone in the area should come around! Starts Friday night at 9.

Really enjoyed renting this documentary last night on a NYC institution, Other Music record store in NYC. It ws cool because you can give half the rental price to your favorite participating indie record store. Really well done doc.

The Other Music documentary is available to stream today -- for the next 72 hours! 50% of your rental cost will go to your favorite participating indie record store and cinema, linked on this page: http://factorytwentyfive.com/other-music/

Really enjoyed renting this documentary last night on a NYC institution, Other Music record store in NYC. It ws cool because you can give half the rental price to your favorite participating indie record store. Really well done doc.

The Other Music documentary is available to stream today -- for the next 72 hours! 50% of your rental cost will go to your favorite participating indie record store and cinema, linked on this page: http://factorytwentyfive.com/other-music/
They were one of my go-to record stores in college when I first really started collecting. Was really bummed to see them shut down.

I dated someone who was a regular at Benson's (from Brisbane, actually). I love that place.

Unfortunately the pandemic put a stop to those plans so I didn't get to see it, it would be nice to visit when I get to go back to NY though.

Back