New User New Setup

Thank you all for the replies. I have read everything and I am not looking to see what my next step would be. As far as the cartridge is concerned, would it be best to just stay in the om family and upgrade to the om 20; much more affordable and similar profile? I have purchased a cleaning tool and have been using it, so appreciate the heads up on that. I will also be looking into the platter.

How big of a difference would the darlington labs mm6b and mp7b be exactly, is it a worthy difference to just spend the extra money now? I will eventually like to get a passive setup but currently just dont have the room. So I am not trying to upgrade the speakers as of now; it on the list.

Thank you all for the replies. I have read everything and I am not looking to see what my next step would be. As far as the cartridge is concerned, would it be best to just stay in the om family and upgrade to the om 20; much more affordable and similar profile? I have purchased a cleaning tool and have been using it, so appreciate the heads up on that. I will also be looking into the platter.

How big of a difference would the darlington labs mm6b and mp7b be exactly, is it a worthy difference to just spend the extra money now? I will eventually like to get a passive setup but currently just dont have the room. So I am not trying to upgrade the speakers as of now; it on the list.

Yeah if you have an OM cart any of the 20, 30 or 40 can be used and are a good upgrade over the 5 or 10.

I think we have people here who have had the mani and Darlingtons so I’ll leave it to one of them to step in.

I think other than those I’d still be looking at saving and thinking about what you want the system to be longer term.

The styli and cantilevers in the OM series are the same as in the 2M series. A move to the OM 20 would give you performance similar to the 2M Blue.

Back