New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

This will make you laugh. Some random weirdo on Facebook took exception to me criticising that YouTube beardy weirdy. So he took the contents of his hoover, emptied it on his record. Wet it, pressed it in with parchment paper. Let it dry in solid. Then cleaned it off with his vacuum rcm and apparently that was supposed to prove something to me…
I think it did prove something. Not about the HG. Or a RCM. But certainly about something one

This will make you laugh. Some random weirdo on Facebook took exception to me criticising that YouTube beardy weirdy. So he took the contents of his hoover, emptied it on his record. Wet it, pressed it in with parchment paper. Let it dry in solid. Then cleaned it off with his vacuum rcm and apparently that was supposed to prove something to me…
Welp, he sure showed you.

My wife was shocked that I had never heard of the Samiad from Five Children and It:
ab237b0ec24d71374c99551d08284826.gif

i had nightmares for weeks

in all seriousness though, it is really nice to see it be able to clean up pressings that my vacuum cleaner wasn't able to do much with. it's why i have recommended the machine to people even with VPI vacuum cleaners or other vacuum cleaners. it's made some albums of mine listenable again when even the VPI couldn't.
What was your cleaner/cleaning process with the VPI? Not looking to be critical, I’m just curious.

What was your cleaner/cleaning process with the VPI? Not looking to be critical, I’m just curious.
Used to use the MoFi super deep cleaner with the brush with velvet pads (think that was also MoFi?). Scrub and Let it soak then vacuum it then two cleans with the super record wash. Lastly hit with zerostat and put in a rice paper inner. I had just gotten the Christo solution too but didn’t use it a ton yet. At worst the HG does the same job but more automated. At its best I hear better dynamics on some albums which I don’t recall ever experiencing when cleaning with the VPI

I ordered a VG copy of The Best of Blondie off Discogs and after one clean it's still pretty crackly but I can hear things in the songs I never heard before. Going to give it a couple more cleans and see if it'll get ride of some of the crackles but either way I'm happy with the results so far.

I ordered a VG copy of The Best of Blondie off Discogs and after one clean it's still pretty crackly but I can hear things in the songs I never heard before. Going to give it a couple more cleans and see if it'll get ride of some of the crackles but either way I'm happy with the results so far.

Yeah I find with VG old ones that are really crackling that one or two cleans before the full clean/dry auto really hits the sweet spot. I think I might look into that GrooveWasher G Sonic stuff once their European guy gets some stock.

Back