New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I’m starting to wonder if I got a dud haha. The noise on mine is insufferable. I can hear it through two sets of closed doors in my house. It’s kind of a piercing high pitched noise while the ultrasonic cleaner is going. The drying isn’t as annoying
Weird, maybe I'm just used to the vacuum...but this thing is so quiet I barely even notice it in the other room. Really don't if I have music playing.

I can sit in the room with it and work. It does kinda ruin music even played in another room though. I think there's a lot I can't hear but the parts I can hear I hear exceptionally well to compensate or something.

I’m starting to wonder if I got a dud haha. The noise on mine is insufferable. I can hear it through two sets of closed doors in my house. It’s kind of a piercing high pitched noise while the ultrasonic cleaner is going. The drying isn’t as annoying
I actually find the drying louder. Maybe I got the dud and you're getting more ultrasonics! We may also have different sensitivities.

Edit: to be fair, I'm also comparing it relative to my RCM. And then again, the RCM only really makes noise during the vacuum phase.

I actually find the drying louder. Maybe I got the dud and you're getting more ultrasonics! We may also have different sensitivities.

Edit: to be fair, I'm also comparing it relative to my RCM. And then again, the RCM only really makes noise during the vacuum phase.
Its a different kind of noise to me than the vacuum cleaner. the vacuum cleaner is definitely louder but doesn't hurt my ears if that makes sense. the HG is like nails on a chalkboard while it's in the ultrasonic cleaning mode and i ended up putting it in our guest bathroom and closed two sets of doors so that we can't hear it and we can STILL hear it outside a little bit.

Definitely found that I won't be getting rid of my Squeaky Clean, if for no reason other than the turntable, TTVJ fluid, and brush. Had to break it out to really scrub some gunk out of the first few tracks of a record. Except I didn't vacuum it off, I just did a quick distilled rinse into the sink and then popped it right into the Guru. Definitely got rid of 90% of the gluey stuff and a few of the persistent skips.

Shhhhhh don't tell HappyWell that a minute amount of TTVJ made it into the tank.

Definitely found that I won't be getting rid of my Squeaky Clean, if for no reason other than the turntable, TTVJ fluid, and brush. Had to break it out to really scrub some gunk out of the first few tracks of a record. Except I didn't vacuum it off, I just did a quick distilled rinse into the sink and then popped it right into the Guru. Definitely got rid of 90% of the gluey stuff and a few of the persistent skips.

Shhhhhh don't tell HappyWell that a minute amount of TTVJ made it into the tank.
WARRANTY?
200.gif

who has used tergitol in their HG so far? I just picked some up and just curious how much to add? is it easiest to mix it into the gallon of water or should it be mixed in smaller batches?

who has used tergitol in their HG so far? I just picked some up and just curious how much to add? is it easiest to mix it into the gallon of water or should it be mixed in smaller batches?
I started using a 0.001% Triton X-100. I see a tiny bit of suds, so I wouldn't really go higher than this. If you don't have precise measuring equipment, it will be easier in larger volume, otherwise you might just end up with something too concentrated maybe.

I started using a 0.001% Triton X-100. I see a tiny bit of suds, so I wouldn't really go higher than this. If you don't have precise measuring equipment, it will be easier in larger volume, otherwise you might just end up with something too concentrated maybe.
Yea I think that’s my main question. I think the tergitol I have is meant to be 1:400 to distilled water. I do have a little syringe that came with the tergitol to measure out ml I believe. Just wasn’t sure if I should pour it into a gallon of distilled water or not or try to just add it to the water tank on the HG. I read if you add too much tergitol it may create a residue on the records that is difficult to get off?

I've been using a squirt of my previous record cleaning solution which is a combination of isopropyl, triton X-100, and Hepastat 256 heavily diluted in distilled water. I'm putting in about half of what I would squirt onto one side of one record for the cleaning in a squeaky clean. It should act as wetting, very light solvent, and impart antistatic/antibacterial properties without mineralizing in any lines. It's not enough to even cover the bottom of the reservoir before I add the DH2O. Also seeing the tiniest bit of suds.

Yea I think that’s my main question. I think the tergitol I have is meant to be 1:400 to distilled water. I do have a little syringe that came with the tergitol to measure out ml I believe. Just wasn’t sure if I should pour it into a gallon of distilled water or not or try to just add it to the water tank on the HG
I would treat the gallon and just add from the jug to the reservoir instead of trying to minutely treat each reservoir.

Yea I think that’s my main question. I think the tergitol I have is meant to be 1:400 to distilled water. I do have a little syringe that came with the tergitol to measure out ml I believe. Just wasn’t sure if I should pour it into a gallon of distilled water or not or try to just add it to the water tank on the HG. I read if you add too much tergitol it may create a residue on the records that is difficult to get off?
How viscous is Tergitol? Triton X is pretty viscous, so it would not be easy to dissolve properly in the tank I think. You would need to agitate to make sure it’s properly in solution. That may be easier done in the galon jug I think.

I would treat the gallon and just add from the jug to the reservoir instead of trying to minutely treat each reservoir.
Plus, all the batches cleaned with that galon will be similar, whereas if you add everytime to the tank you will end up with a greater variability in between each batches

Mine is leaving some beads of water on the records after the drying cycle ( even at 10 minutes ). Its happening on most but not all. Is this other's experience ? Just give it a microfiber wipe down afterwards ?

Mine is leaving some beads of water on the records after the drying cycle ( even at 10 minutes ). Its happening on most but not all. Is this other's experience ? Just give it a microfiber wipe down afterwards ?
It happens with me from time to time and if there are just a few I use a spin clean cloth to wipe it off otherwise I’ll pop it back in to dry longer. I have made an effort to dry the top of the machine of any water that may have dropped on it while filling the basin, though being maybe that was getting on the record during the dry cycle?

I get some drops outer and or inner on like 70% of records. Humidity is low right now so curious how it works in the summer. I either wipe with a cloth or get it with the carbon fiber brush if there's dust too. I've noticed dusty going in will leave some latent but easily removed dust. I believe it just floats in the water and gets left behind as it drains then blows around during drying.

It's here!

Probably won't open it up until Xmas though

Edit: too many pages to read through. Can someone summarize the forum "starter kit" for the HG? What else do I need beside Distilled water and a microfiber cloth?

Edit 2: and what's the best practice with the distilled water? Re-use a few times or should you refill after each use?

Last edited:
It's here!

Probably won't open it up until Xmas though

Edit: too many pages to read through. Can someone summarize the forum "starter kit" for the HG? What else do I need beside Distilled water and a microfiber cloth?

Edit 2: and what's the best practice with the distilled water? Re-use a few times or should you refill after each use?

That’s it distilled/deionised water and a cloth.

Quite a lot. Unless the water is getting noticeably dirty I’ve been getting 30-40 a tank. I do top it up after 10 because the water level drops a little as you use it. I do empty it at the end of every day though.

The other thing is to clean the filter and the tank at the end of every session .

That’s it distilled/deionised water and a cloth.

Quite a lot. Unless the water is getting noticeably dirty I’ve been getting 30-40 a tank. I do too it up after 10 because the water level drops a little as you use it. I do empty it at the end of every day though.

The other thing is to clean the filter and the tank at the end of every session .
30-40! Holy moly. I've been doing about 5-10 only because that's all I can physically do in the amount of time I have left in the day.

Back