New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Ohhh that's good to read! I'll definitely try with water only first :) you're talking about de-ionized water. What's the difference with distilled water? The Humminguru crew are saying we should use distilled water right?

So distilled water removes minerals by way of boiling it off and collecting the condensation so the minerals are left behind. De-Ionized water involves a process of ion exchange to remove minerals. Either way the end result is mineral free water. Distilled water is really hard to come by in Europe but you can pick up de-ionized water dirt cheap in auto stores as it is the water you would use to top up old school car batteries.

I don’t think that a sufficient will do any damage to either the machine or your records and it could be a good idea to break the surface tension, I just don’t own any. I don’t think that a cleaning agent is at all necessary, especially as it voids the warranty.

Last edited:
So distilled water removes minerals by way of boiling it off and collecting the condensation so the minerals are left behind. De-Ionized water involves a process of ion exchange to remove minerals. Distilled water is really hard to come by in Europe but you can pick up de-ionized water dirt cheap in auto stores as it is the water you would use to top up old school car batteries.

I don’t think that a sufficient will do any damage to either the machine or your records and it could be a good idea to break the surface tension, I just don’t own any. I don’t think that a cleaning agent is at all necessary, especially as it voids the warranty.
Thanks for your answer 😁

And yes you are right, this machine probably don't need cleaning fluid but a surfactant like Ilfotol could probably do good! But I'll begin my tests without :)

Can't wait to get that machine 🤩🤩🤩

Thanks for your answer 😁

And yes you are right, this machine probably don't need cleaning fluid but a surfactant like Ilfotol could probably do good! But I'll begin my tests without :)

Can't wait to get that machine 🤩🤩🤩

You’ll love it I’m sure! A fortnight after it arrived I’m still slightly in shock at how big a difference it has made in comparison to my old spin clean, it’s night and day!

You’ll love it I’m sure! A fortnight after it arrived I’m still slightly in shock at how big a difference it has made in comparison to my old spin clean, it’s night and day!
Can't wait 🤩

Yeah, the problem with the spin clean is that most of the people who use it don't dry their disc the right way after! I was drying/sucking the water and debris with the vinyl vac son my result were nice! I just want a more automatic solution :)

I really think you should start using a shit ton of emojis, maybe you can get a free one or some swag like someone else we know! I'm glad to hear this thing is working so well for everyone, and enjoying the feedback you're giving. Super helpful, thanks!

I really think you should start using a shit ton of emojis, maybe you can get a free one or some swag like someone else we know! I'm glad to hear this thing is working so well for everyone, and enjoying the feedback you're giving. Super helpful, thanks!

Hahaha! I’ve already bought it damn! I should have planned more carefully!

What I will say is that while I’m hugely impressed so far in the grand scheme of things it’s not done much work and with something like this that is new to the market longevity is always going to be the great unknown!

What is a photoflo? A wetting agent like the Ilfotol?

Did you notice a difference Using it versus only water?
Yeah, a wetting agent. It does reduce the surface tension of the water and allow the cavitation to get into the grooves a bit better, and it’s not enough of a solvent to cause any issues with the tank or materials; especially in such a small concentration. I’m not worried about breaking anything.

Yeah, a wetting agent. It does reduce the surface tension of the water and allow the cavitation to get into the grooves a bit better, and it’s not enough of a solvent to cause any issues with the tank or materials; especially in such a small concentration. I’m not worried about breaking anything.
What quantity you're using? Let say in one liter?

as a heads up, there may be some shipping delays to europe. they mentioned that their shipping company is only letting them send 10 units per day to europe since it's the holiday season. but hoping these all ship out quickly to people!

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I'm not that worried about a delay. In my mind I thought this was a pre-order and was expecting for them to still have to produce the units. Would be nice if it got here by the holidays since I would have a free week to clean and use it, but I'm someone who's never had an RCM or a real cleaning method before so either way this will be a game changer for me.

I didn't pick up the 10" adapter. Do you guys think it works well? I mean I have less than 5 10" records so I'm not too sure about the ROI. Then again, one of those is my favourite albums ever.

I haven’t tested mine yet but I think @Joe Mac may have?

Yeah I’m guessing that one of the albums I used it for is the one that’s one of @uvwxVinyl is referring to (Kid A). It works fantastically but is a bit fiddly so I use the mime artist speaker gloves to put the records in and out of it to avoid touching the grooves with my hands.

Yeah I’m guessing that one of the albums I used it for is the one that’s one of @uvwxVinyl is referring to (Kid A). It works fantastically but is a bit fiddly so I use the mime artist speaker gloves to put the records in and out of it to avoid touching the grooves with my hands.
@Joe Mac waiting for Kid A to finish drying:
1637326349404.gif

I've found once you get it slotted into the two stationary mounts you can 'stand' the whole thing with the adjustable mounts on the top and then slide them into place pretty easily. It is mildly fiddly, but it works.

I've found once you get it slotted into the two stationary mounts you can 'stand' the whole thing with the adjustable mounts on the top and then slide them into place pretty easily. It is mildly fiddly, but it works.

I should reveal at this point that I’m both clumsy and all thumbs so it’s as much to do with me being rubbish as it being fiddly 😂

Back