New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

So what is the shipping table of fees? The image provided in a previous post is difficult to read because the countries are cut off

think of all the Poly Rythmo records , theyll love it !
I have to say I was pretty close and finally swayed by somebody on SHF who'd cleaned some beaten up records and it seemed to have worked v well. The potential for my 1000 African records is just too good to pass on. I wrote to them to see if I could get an extra water tank as after reading a *lot* on cleaning materials I'm quite keen to try distilled water+tergitol in one tank and then rinse with just distilled from another. I might be crazy, I know.

Has anyone had an issue with super thin 80s pressings yet? I did two today and the rollers weren’t spinning them correctly. Not sure if wide issue or if I’ve just cleaned so many already that I need to change the rollers…

So thankfully it’s not the rollers. Another record in now and spinning freely. I think it might have been just two extra thin late 80s van Morrison records with bumpy edges. Was having to guide them around by hand to keep them moving!

So thankfully it’s not the rollers. Another record in now and spinning freely. I think it might have been just two extra thin late 80s van Morrison records with bumpy edges. Was having to guide them around by hand to keep them moving!
It's the bumpy edges. The rollers get bound up when the diameter goes from small to large. I watched a record do the same thing and I about had a heart attack.

Sweet thought the day was tomorrow but had a moment and just picked one up. Looks in stock too so hopefully they're gonna dispatch as promised.
as a heads up, there may be some shipping delays to europe. they mentioned that their shipping company is only letting them send 10 units per day to europe since it's the holiday season. but hoping these all ship out quickly to people!

So 330 slabs of vinyl now cleaned…

I wonder how many pieces of vinyl I clean by the time I get to the end of my collection, I have 1,003 releases (providing I don’t find any more dropped releases) with a few more still in the pipeline…

So 330 slabs of vinyl now cleaned…

I wonder how many pieces of vinyl I clean by the time I get to the end of my collection, I have 1,003 releases (providing I don’t find any more dropped releases) with a few more still in the pipeline…
Bough the Humminguru this morning! Seems like a cool machine! The only concern I got is that we can't use surfactants with it... Are you only cleaning with distilled water only?

Normally I was cleaning my vinyl with distilled water, a bit of isopropyl alcool and a bit of Ilfotol and it was doing a fine job with my Spin Clean and vinyl vac.

I know it would void the waranty but would it be a good idea to just add like 5ml Ilfotol in 800ml distilled water and use that in the Humminguru?

Bough the Humminguru this morning! Seems like a cool machine! The only concern I got is that we can't use surfactants with it... Are you only cleaning with distilled water only?

Normally I was cleaning my vinyl with distilled water, a bit of isopropyl alcool and a bit of Ilfotol and it was doing a fine job with my Spin Clean and vinyl vac.

I know it would void the waranty but would it be a good idea to just add like 5ml Ilfotol in 800ml distilled water and use that in the Humminguru?

I’m only using De-Ionized water and it’s cleaning my records far beyond what other methods of cleaning were doing using cleaning fluids. That said they are by and large records that have already been cleaned in a spin clean getting a fresh run through this, I haven’t bought much used recently but the new stuff that’s being cleaned for the first time still sounds miles better than new stuff ever did through the spin clean with cleaning fluid.

I’m only using De-Ionized water and it’s cleaning my records far beyond what other methods of cleaning were doing using cleaning fluids. That said they are by and large records that have already been cleaned in a spin clean getting a fresh run through this, I haven’t bought much used recently but the new stuff that’s being cleaned for the first time still sounds miles better than new stuff ever did through the spin clean with cleaning fluid.
Ohhh that's good to read! I'll definitely try with water only first :) you're talking about de-ionized water. What's the difference with distilled water? The Humminguru crew are saying we should use distilled water right?

Back