New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

So feel free to RSR me, but I believe I read that the water tank isn’t dirty afterward. So like…. Where’s the gunk that’s it’s cleaning off going?
Well, there’s not, like wads of filth on these records for the most part. Larger debris gets caught by a plastic mesh filter at the bottom of the tank, and finer particles get strained through the tank filter when you replace the water.

Still on the fence about this, but do those of you who have this think it's a worthwhile shot? Reviews seem to be overall positive here. Main use would be to clean newer records and VG+ used records versus trying to revive bargain bin records.

I'm optimistic, given the reviews here. I plan on grabbing one; continuing to use my RCM for the initial clean and run the US for the final push to audio nirvanaaaaaa! Just kidding, I have realistic expectations; but I think it will be a good addition and, all things considered gear-wise, a good price of admission.

Still on the fence about this, but do those of you who have this think it's a worthwhile shot? Reviews seem to be overall positive here. Main use would be to clean newer records and VG+ used records versus trying to revive bargain bin records.
That’s pretty much why I bought it. For me this is replacing a spin clean and way more convenient to use and does a better job. I’m a fan.

My main reason is that I will listen to records more. I have a huge amount of records that were never cleaned that I am never going to find the time to manually clean and I tend to let new records pile up until I have a dozen or so to then spend over an hour manually cleaning and I have to find time for that. Having a thing I can just do 5 a day and eventually get my collection clean is well worth it. I am expecting them to sell out immediately tomorrow.

Hi y’all. Im having a bit of trouble doing the math … they are on sale tommorow at 4am PST … is that right ?

My main reason is that I will listen to records more. I have a huge amount of records that were never cleaned that I am never going to find the time to manually clean and I tend to let new records pile up until I have a dozen or so to then spend over an hour manually cleaning and I have to find time for that. Having a thing I can just do 5 a day and eventually get my collection clean is well worth it. I am expecting them to sell out immediately tomorrow.
The convenience factor is a big selling point for me too. I have the big VPI and it was a pain in the ass to lug out any time I wanted to clean records, so I just let them pile up to do at once.

Do you guys think it will definitely sell out at release day? I would like one of these, but I was thinking in buying a bit later and I'm getting FOMO now lol

Do you guys think it will definitely sell out at release day? I would like one of these, but I was thinking in buying a bit later and I'm getting FOMO now lol
That's a difficult one. We'd have to know their inventory. Of course, they could just open the orders and no limit and have a "shipping February 2022" or some pushed out future date to meet any demand. You can see their "wishlist" numbers but that's not accounting for those who won't actually buy and those who buy and don't wishlist it.

Edit: it's currently wishlisted at 188 for just the machine and 127 for machine + adapters.

They have been getting a lot of hype with mostly positive reviews. No clue how many they will be selling at first…my guess would be that it may be a long wait list after this next batch sells out. With supply chain issues, etc if I wanted one I’d try to get one tomorrow. Not trying to strike FOMO in ya though. I’m sure they will continue to produce these

I definitely don’t think it’s something to FOMO over. Eventually everyone who wants one will get one. In all honesty, waiting might be a safer move to see how they hold up long term or if there are any issues that pop up that could be addressed in later batches. But it’s not like they’re limited.

Back