New Music Friday!

🔥
  • Geese - 3D Country [recklessly entertaining. It's a wild cross section of post-punk talk-singing tropes (Squid; Black Country, New Road), alt-country twang (Black Crowes, Ween) and guitar craftiness (Television, The Strokes). This gave me geesebumps through the majority of listening. A much better venture than an unlistenable singular GoOsE

Imma hafta go back to this one. Now, including you, several people have been raving about this one. Maybe I missed something with my first listen 🤔

Geese - 3D Country [recklessly entertaining. It's a wild cross section of post-punk talk-singing tropes (Squid; Black Country, New Road), alt-country twang (Black Crowes, Ween) and guitar craftiness (Television, The Strokes). This gave me geesebumps through the majority of listening. A much better venture than an unlistenable singular GoOsE]
I HATED them when I saw them open for Jack White, but I'll be damned if I didn't straight up enjoy the heck outta this record.

Radar List for 7.21.23

Nathanael Larochette – Old Growth
Nina Simone – You’ve Got to Learn
Noname – Sundial **
Andrew Bird – Outside Problems
Balimaya Project – When The Dust Settles
Blur – The Ballad of Darren
Michaël Brun – Fami Summer EP
Paris Texas – MID AIR
Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway – City of Gold
London Grammar – The Remixes
Burial and Kode9 – Infirmary / Unknown Summer EP
Mort Garson – Journey to the Moon and Beyond
Guided By Voices – Welshpool Frillies
Agriculture – Agriculture
Zoh Amba & Chris Corsano & Bill Orcutt - The Flower School

** Some reports state the album is due this week while others say just the single, "Balloons" - I'm hoping for the former.

Radar List 21/07/2023
OXBOW
Love's Holiday (DARK AMBIENT / DRONE / METAL)
ALVA NOTOThis Stolen Country of Mine (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (EARLY ELECTRONIC / SOUNDTRACKS)
Caterina BarbieriMyuthafoo (DRONE / KOSMISCHE / MINIMAL / ELECTRONIC / ELECTRO / IDM / EBM)
MizmorProsaic (METAL / NOISE / INDUSTRIAL / EXTREME)
Nina SimoneYou've Got To Learn (FUNK / JAZZ / BLUES / SOUL / GOSPEL)
VariousSuburban Annihilation (The California Hardcore Explosion / From The City To The Beach: 1978-1983) (PUNK / HARDCORE / POST-PUNK)
VariousDenshi Ongaku No Bigaku - The Aesthetics of Japanese Electronic Music Vol 1 (ELECTRONIC / ELECTRO / IDM / EBM)
VariousDenshi Ongaku No Bigaku - The Aesthetics of Japanese Electronic Music Vol 2 (ELECTRONIC / ELECTRO / IDM / EBM)

So it's partly my age, partly my location / exposure, but I have never listened to Blur minus maybe two singles. So the new album is my first real experience with them. And it's really good! I think I'm gonna try diving into the rest of their catalog now.

I didn't realize the new Andrew Bird was another one of his outside instrumental albums, but that's okay. It's perfectly pleasant. I didn't quite hear any sort of field recordings type of sounds in the background (maybe I need a closer listen) which is a bummer cause I am a sucker for that.

So it's partly my age, partly my location / exposure, but I have never listened to Blur minus maybe two singles. So the new album is my first real experience with them. And it's really good! I think I'm gonna try diving into the rest of their catalog now.

I didn't realize the new Andrew Bird was another one of his outside instrumental albums, but that's okay. It's perfectly pleasant. I didn't quite hear any sort of field recordings type of sounds in the background (maybe I need a closer listen) which is a bummer cause I am a sucker for that.

Listening to the Andrew Bird right now - it's delightful.

I would start with Modern Life is Rubbish and work your way forward. That's what a friend recommended to me many years ago and it worked out great.

Back