New Music Friday!

Were we aware of this Miya Folick EP?

This is one of the most insane album roll outs ever. This is another single, which I guess on spotify is added to the 7-song EP she released in late 2022. Why? Because ALL those 8 songs are part of her new album coming this spring. Absolutely nuts, since the album will only have like 4-5 new songs we haven't heard at this point.

I do love her, and she is incredible live, but this roll out is so silly.

like not for nothing and I'm not reading it or listening to it, but why did pitchfork feel the need to review Morgan Wallen. This dude does not need any help getting an audience.
Why is it that it's always pieces of shit like Morgan Wallen and Chris Brown releasing these 30+ song double albums? Is it because only self-absorbed assholes have the hubris to think anyone wants to listen to over 2 hours of their terrible music?

One of my favorite bands of all time,  Haken, dropped their 7th LP today, titled  Fauna. In short, it's fantastic. This album is progressive rock/metal at its absolute finest (two genres, which, IMO, have been pretty stagnant for a long time, with very few exceptions), and it contains plenty of  Haken's quirkiness that I love. I know none of you had this album on your radar lists (unless I missed it somewhere), so I'm guessing most of you are unfamiliar with the group. I guarantee this will be one of the most unique rock/metal experiences of your year, even if you don't typically listen to these genres. Do yourself a favor 🎧 Every track is a highlight for me, but penultimate track "Elephants Never Forget" is at the top. This will definitely be an AOTY list contender for me 🤘

One of my favorite bands of all time,  Haken, dropped their 7th LP today, titled  Fauna. In short, it's fantastic. This album is progressive rock/metal at its absolute finest (two genres, which, IMO, have been pretty stagnant for a long time, with very few exceptions), and it contains plenty of  Haken's quirkiness that I love. I know none of you had this album on your radar lists (unless I missed it somewhere), so I'm guessing most of you are unfamiliar with the group. I guarantee this will be one of the most unique rock/metal experiences of your year, even if you don't typically listen to these genres. Do yourself a favor 🎧 Every track is a highlight for me, but penultimate track "Elephants Never Forget" is at the top. This will definitely be an AOTY list contender for me 🤘

Is that @Turbo on their album cover?!

Radar List 2023/03/10

Wanderwelle - All Hands Bury The Cliffs At Sea (Modern Classical / Ambient)
Dream Dolphin - Gaia: Selected Ambient & Downtempo Works (1996-2003) (Industrial / Wave / Electro)
Henrik Lindstrand - Klangland (Modern Classical / Ambient)
FEVER RAY - Radical Romantics (Electronic)
O Morto - Dans la Gorge d’un Monstre (Dark Ambient / Drone / Metal)
Gaspar Claus - Scaphandre (Ambient and Modern Classical)
Quiet Voices - Hantologies (Ambient / Electronic / Spoken Word)
Suso Saiz - Nothing Is Objective (Ambient)
Ali Farka Touré - Le Voyageur (Desert Blues)
Lonnie Holley - Oh Me Oh My (Avant-Garde, Pop/Rock)

I've tried to check these a little more rigorously, as I've been noticing going through them to listen that stuff has been out for years, and I've been including it. I think I've been seeing "first release on vinyl" and have stopped reading at "first release"!

Dream Dolphin - Gaia: Selected Ambient & Downtempo Works (1996-2003) (Industrial / Wave / Electro)
Bummed that the physical I have on hold for this at my fave record store is delayed to May, but very excited to listen to this one when the digital drops!

Suso Saiz - Nothing Is Objective (Ambient)
This one's a beauty. I've had the vinyl for 3+ years. Interestingly enough from the same label as the Dream Dolphin compilation above (Music From Memory).

Back