Vanessa WagnerStudy of the Invisible
RemaRave & Roses
Leon VynehallFabric presents Leon Vynehall
Desert CloudsPlanexit

Aldous Harding- Warm Chris
Destroyer - LABYRINTHITIS-
Wallows - Tell Me That It's Over
Barrie - Barbara
borrowing your list to say these are the ones I'm going to listen to today. Out of all of them Wallows are the only ones that I really like. Their last album had no business being that good. the others I've never really listened to that much but I'll give 'em a go.

I love this thread. It's a big week for me, and Aldous Harding wasn't even on my radar.

Only one that I haven't seen mentioned: Walter Martin's new album The Bear is out today. Former Walkmen but doing something completely different than that...it seems (mostly) autobiographical, reflective, wistful, lyrically driven, sing-speak style, warm folk-y songs.

Edit: Somewhat relevant, Walt's been doing a 4:00 pm Friday instagram live thing where he drinks one 16 oz beer and plays songs from some of his favorite records. It's pretty amazing content (and his record care techniques would drive most of you insane).

Last edited:
borrowing your list to say these are the ones I'm going to listen to today. Out of all of them Wallows are the only ones that I really like. Their last album had no business being that good. the others I've never really listened to that much but I'll give 'em a go.
On first listen Wallows new album is decent

Oh I also need to check out the new Guerilla Toss album. I saw them 4 years ago as a opening band and absolutely HATED them. tbf I have hated a lot of opening bands over the years. But they're playing my local fest in two months so I want to give them a fair shake.

Radar List for 3.25.22

Emma Ruth Rundle - Orpheus Looking Back EP
Juanita EukaMabanzo
Sly5thAve & Roberto VerásteguiAgua de Jamaica
The Bogie Band feat. Joe RussoThe Prophets In the City
Ibibio Sound MachineElectricity
Ensemble Dal Nienteobject/animal
Emily Jane WhiteAlluvion
KoffeeGifted
Fana Huesflora + fana
Cowboy Junkies - Songs of the Recollection
Pia IsaDistorted Chants
Dave Friend and Jerome BeginPost-
Vanessa WagnerStudy of the Invisible
RemaRave & Roses
Leon VynehallFabric presents Leon Vynehall
Desert CloudsPlanexit
Listening to Juanita right now, but I got distracted by that Sly5thAve & Roberto Verastegui. Y'all that's a great album. Do not sleep on it.

Couple solid albums not yet mentioned:

Buddy - Superghetto (hip hop) I love Buddy's last album, this was good on first listen but didn't grab me like Harlan & Alondra.
Gabriel Kahane - Magnificent Bird (singer-songwriter) gave me Paul Simon and Sufjan vibes. Great songwriting with a couple standout tracks in Sit Shiva 😢, To Be American, and Linda & Stuart (with Amelia Meath of Sylvan Esso).

I love this thread. It's a big week for me, and Aldous Harding wasn't even on my radar.

Only one that I haven't seen mentioned: Walter Martin's new album The Bear is out today. Former Walkmen but doing something completely different than that...it seems (mostly) autobiographical, reflective, wistful, lyrically driven, sing-speak style, warm folk-y songs.

Edit: Somewhat relevant, Walt's been doing a 4:00 pm Friday instagram live thing where he drinks one 16 oz beer and plays songs from some of his favorite records. It's pretty amazing content (and his record care techniques would drive most of you insane).

Walter Martin has made some of my favorite “children’s” records over the last decade

• Cheers
Reactions: mgp
Listening to Juanita right now, but I got distracted by that Sly5thAve & Roberto Verastegui. Y'all that's a great album. Do not sleep on it.

I'm listening to Juanita right now too! Just finishing the last song in the car before I head in to work. Sly5thAve & Roberto Verastegui is first in line when I get home tonight- glad to hear it's great!

Oh man, the way Walt man-handled #30/200 of The Bear in a recent video has me terrified. He casually mentioned that "one of you might receive this very copy", and all I could think was no no no...

My copy is due to arrive in a few days. The first thing I'll be doing is checking that number...

Back