New Music Friday!

Also funny today is the first time I'm hearing of this band, and the best music blog hosts them for a Lagniappe session the same day:

Listened to this this morning. Perfect soundtrack to kick off my day. The covers they chose are fantastic. I am not familiar with the Band, Female Species but I think I am gonna need to try to find the original version of that one.

Listened to this this morning. Perfect soundtrack to kick off my day. The covers they chose are fantastic. I am not familiar with the Band, Female Species but I think I am gonna need to try to find the original version of that one.
Doing the same right now! I heard this song for the first time earlier this year when (I think) Numero reissued it. Beautiful track.

I hadn't really listened to any Charlie Parr since his 2004 album King Earl (which I excitedly learned 20 minutes ago got a 2x10" vinyl reissue in 2014 - but less excitedly saw has sold as high as $250 on Discogs!) so I had no idea what to expect of this release, but I'm enjoying it immensely.

Idiosyncratic Midwest folk blues

Here's my selection for tomorrow, Friday 6th of August 2021. Happy listening everybody :) 🎧

Lingua Ignota (Sinner get ready) (Industrial / Classical / Noise/ Metal)

Tinashe (333) (RnB/ Soul/ Dance)

Kanye West (Donda) (Hip Hop) [maybe this time???]

Nas (King’s Disease II) (Hip Hop)

Liars (The Apple Drop) (Indie Rock)

IDER (Shame) (Electropop/ Dreampop/ Indie Rock)

Foxing (Draw Down the Moon) (Indie Rock/ Emo/ Post Rock)

FEET (Walking Machine) (Indie Rock/ Britpop)

Willy Mason (Already Dead) (Folk, Blues, Country)

Ishmael Ensemble (Visions of light) (Jazz/ Electronic)

Liam Kazar (Due North) (Classic Rock, Indie Rock, Americana)

Fake Laugh & Tarquin (Fake Laugh & Tarquin) (Alt Pop)

Mr. Jukes & Barney Artist (The Locket) (Bombay Bicycle Club singer & London Rapper/ Funk/ Soul/ Jazz/ Hip Hop)

Hippo Campus (Good Dog, Bad Dream EP) (Indie Pop)

Nothing's really floored me this week, honestly.

I'm looking forward to spending some more time with the Laura Stevenson album to see if it'll hop from the top of my B tier into my A tier. Otherwise, I didn't dislike anything on my radar list - but I wasn't blown away by any of it either.

I'm looking forward to spending some more time with the Laura Stevenson album to see if it'll hop from the top of my B tier into my A tier. Otherwise, I didn't dislike anything on my radar list - but I wasn't blown away by any of it either.
I'm slow on releases the past three weeks, but I think this is next. Seems to have garnered unanimous praise here from those who have mentioned it.

Radar List for 8.13.21

Brandee Younger - Somewhere Different
Sheryl Crow - Live From the Ryman and More
El Michels Affair meets Liam Baily - Ekundayo Inversions
Rachika Nayar - fragments
Wednesday - Twin Plagues
Jade Bird - Different Kinds of Light
Provoker - Body Jumper
Unreqvited - Beautiful Ghosts
Sepultura - SepulQuarta

I've enjoyed Ishmael Ensemble

Same and I also enjoyed Allison Ponthier's debut EP.

Back