New Music Friday!

Anyone listen to this Cindy Lee "record" yet? The Pitchfork review alone has me very interested. Apparently the only means of getting it (for now) is via download on his website.

I’ve played it in the background a few times while working but that’s not how you need to listen to this, it seems. I’ll be more active of a listener next time.

On Thursday, Cindy Lee released "Diamond Jubilee," a 32-track, 2+ hour masterwork of guitar virtuosity, classic songcraft, and subtly confrontational lo-fi aesthetics. It's only available as a download for purchase directly from the artist, but they put the whole thing on YouTube yesterday.

I'm biased as a massive fan of mastermind Patrick Flegel going back to the days of his former band Women, but from my perspective, this is clearly the album of the year, and a major creative statement. It's so thrilling to hear an artist bend pop music into such personal yet instantly resonant and memorable shapes, and to do it on such a scale...mindblowing.
glad to have my initial exuberance reaffirmed by the pitchfork machine. it’s an amazing record! patrick flegel is truly my hero

Bridgett Kearny’s new album is a bit of a let down. Her first solo record was effervescent and fun, retro sounding. The second album with the other dude was funky and fresh sounding. This sounds like every other modern pop album, hope it’s a grower since the vinyl is on the way:

Oooo…

This is worth a listen:

UTO - When All You Want To Do Is Be The Fire Part Of Fire

It’s pretty varied synth pop/techno gives me shades of Roni Size and Tricky at times. Have a feeling @Mather and @duke86fan might be down with its vibes.

That title is a line from Bill Callahan's "Sycamore."

Back