New Music Friday!

The new Khruangbin will be used as NPR’s All Things Considerer segment transitions music for the next decade. This is pleasant as are most of their albums but It seems to be lacking in groove/funk which was always the draw for me. This album is something I could nap to. I don’t mean that as an insult either. It’s beyond chill which is at least a slight differentiation between this new one and what’s come before.

The new Khruangbin will be used as NPR’s All Things Considerer segment transitions music for the next decade. This is pleasant as are most of their albums but It seems to be lacking in groove/funk which was always the draw for me. This album is something I could nap to. I don’t mean that as an insult either. It’s beyond chill which is at least a slight differentiation between this new one and what’s come before.
Like you mentioned, the album lacks those groovy and funky elements of prior albums and misses the mark 🎯 a bit. It's an otherwise enjoyable album, but perhaps better suited for background music 🤷

I mean I feel like this describes all of their albums (the background music part)
I think all their albums work well in the background but on earlier releases there was an underlying groove that was just captivating enough that if there was a quiet moment or a lull that Khruangbin could grab and hold your attention. The new one doesn’t really have any of that. It’s still pleasant just lacking in funkiness.

Last edited:
They have had a very solid career. I enjoy everything they releases but these are probably a full star higher than I would rank any other albums.
I’d say I like those scores. I’d probably give FOB another star. I still listen to the first album fairly regularly and Vampires was in my top ten for 2013.

Back