New Music Friday!

It's took me a solid while to click with billy woods, but I kept at it because he's one of my buddy's faves and we overlap in tastes far more than we don't, it's only been since Maps that things really came together for me, but last year's albums started to turn the page a bit for sure.
Same here, but now I'm super into his music. I tried listening to his last couple of albums when they came out, but I couldn't get into them. Maps changed that. Now I get it. And then the new Armand Hammer...incredible album. It's one of my top favorites this year. It does take a bit to gel with what is going on, but once it hit me I just loved it.

Same here, but now I'm super into his music. I tried listening to his last couple of albums when they came out, but I couldn't get into them. Maps changed that. Now I get it. And then the new Armand Hammer...incredible album. It's one of my top favorites this year. It does take a bit to gel with what is going on, but once it hit me I just loved it.
Both of those are going to be featured somewhere on my AOTY list 👀🤫

New Andre 3000 album this Friday.

But no rapping or singing, only flutes and here's the tracklist:

New Blue Sun tracklist

1. I swear, I Really Wanted To Make A "Rap" Album But This Is Literally The Way The Wind Blew Me This Time

2. The Slang Word P(*)ssy Rolls Off The Tongue With Far Better Ease Than The Proper Word Vagina . Do You Agree?

3. That Night In Hawaii When I Turned Into A Panther And Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn't Control ... Sh¥t Was Wild

4. BuyPoloDisorder's Daughter Wears A 3000™ Button Down Embroidered

5. Ninety Three 'Til Infinity And Beyoncé

6. Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Your Lord & Savior J.C. / Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, And John Wayne Gacy

7. Ants To You, Gods To Who ?

8. Dreams Once Buried Beneath The Dungeon Floor Slowly Sprout Into Undying Gardens

New Blue Sun tracklist

1. I swear, I Really Wanted To Make A "Rap" Album But This Is Literally The Way The Wind Blew Me This Time

2. The Slang Word P(*)ssy Rolls Off The Tongue With Far Better Ease Than The Proper Word Vagina . Do You Agree?

3. That Night In Hawaii When I Turned Into A Panther And Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn't Control ... Sh¥t Was Wild

6. Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Your Lord & Savior J.C. / Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, And John Wayne Gacy

8. Dreams Once Buried Beneath The Dungeon Floor Slowly Sprout Into Undying Gardens

Didn’t expect any of this

New Blue Sun tracklist

Ninety Three 'Til Infinity And Beyoncé!!!!

Radar List for 11.17.23

André 3000 – New Blue Sun
Blockhead – The Aux
Danny Brown – Quaranta
Ruby Singh – kraKIN / Polyphonic Garden Suite
H31R – Headspace
HR – Let Luv Lead (The Way)
United Freedom Collective – Vast Oceans, Empty Skies EP
Ancient Infinity Orchestra – River of Light
Daniel Bachman – When The Roses Come Again
Walter Wolfman Washington – Feel So At Home
Iron & Wine – Who Can See Forever
Thandi Ntuli with Carlos Niño – Rainbow Revisited
Luther Dickinson – Magic Music for Family Folk
DijahSB – The Flower That Knew
Dolly Parton – Rockstar
Dori Freeman – Do You Recall

Didn't listen to anything last week; was in Baltimore for work. Playing catch up the last few days. I'll get to the (what I'm sure is) Andre absurdity in the coming days.

🔥

None. Not convinced about the ones below yet.​

(y)
  • Aesop Rock - Integrated Tech Solutions [there's no one standout cut; they are all equally enjoyable. Production hits the mark. As with his other records of similar length, listening to Aesop rap for over an hour can induce a headache. Don't think it'll be in my top50, even though this is another quality release from him]
  • Anagrams - Blue Voices [I think I have found a new favorite label! At the very least, I have enjoyed each entry in Balmat's catalogue. This one has an interesting jazz angle]
  • Galya Bisengalieva - Polygon [my favorite of this grouping. So close to the high tier!]
  • Earl Sweatshirt x The Alchemist - VOIR DIRE [Alc lands here at a minimum almost always. Earl sounds confident and focused over this production]
  • ØXN - CYRM [really like this, yet find Lankum's release from this year to be a step above]
  • Pinkpantheress - Heaven Knows [fun debut. She has an interesting, cute, inviting vibe; experimenting with drum n' bass with a touch of alt-pop harking back to safer times. A heady case of AOLMessengerCore. I like Erika de Casier, and Pinkpanthress's music is similar to Erika's with faster tempo]
  • Titanic - Vidrio [interesting ideas; maybe not fully realized?]
🤷‍♂️
  • Jane Remover - Census Designated
  • Ragana - Desolation's Flower
  • Resavoir - Resavoir (LP2) [passable jazz-fusion. Reminds me that I have the physical of the debut from four years ago I picked up a whim, which I remain indifferent to. Filing that into the "to sell" bin straight away]
👎

None.​

🤮

None.​

Last edited:
Back