New Music Friday!

Sorry for the delay. Here's my selection for today, Friday 27th of January. Happy listening everybody 🎶🙂🎧

Ava Max "Diamonds & Dancefloors" (Pop)

Samia "Honey" ( Indie Pop)

Fucked Up "One Day" (Punkrock, Hardcore)

Summrs "Stuck In My Ways" (Hip Hop)

King Tuff "Smalltown Stardust" (Garage rock, indie pop, power pop, neo-psychedelia, stoner doom)

Lil Yachty "Let's Start Here." (Hip Hop)

SG Lewis "AudioLust & HigherLove" (Deep house; synth-pop; funk; electronic; alternative R&B)

Elle King "Come Get Your Wife" ( Blues, Bluegrass,, Southern Soul, R'n'B, Country)

The Arcs "Electrophonic Chronic" (Indie Rock, Blues Rock)

White Reaper "Asking for a ride " (Hard rock, garage rock, garage punk, power pop, glam rock)

Kimbra "A Reckoning" (Soul, Alternative Rock, Jazz)

Jonah Yano "portrait of a dog" (smooth, jazzy soul-pop tinged with hip-hop and electronic elements)

Complete Mountain Almanac "Complete Mountain Almanac" (Chamber Pop)

Meg Baird "Furling" (Folk)

Gena Rose Bruce "Deep is the way" (Indie Rock)

Hotel Lux "Hands Across the Creek" (Post-Punk, Indie Rock)

Sam Smith "Gloria" (Pop, R&B, Soul)

Sorry for the delay. Here's my selection for today, Friday 27th of January. Happy listening everybody 🎶🙂🎧

King Tuff "Smalltown Stardust" (Garage rock, indie pop, power pop, neo-psychedelia, stoner doom)

SG Lewis "AudioLust & HigherLove" (Deep house; synth-pop; funk; electronic; alternative R&B)

Elle King "Come Get Your Wife" ( Blues, Bluegrass,, Southern Soul, R'n'B, Country)

White Reaper "Asking for a ride " (Hard rock, garage rock, garage punk, power pop, glam rock)

Jonah Yano "portrait of a dog" (smooth, jazzy soul-pop tinged with hip-hop and electronic elements)

No problemo!

Ooooohhh new Ava Max!!!

Also interested in the SG Lewis, Jonah Yano, Complete Mountain Almanac, and I want to give the new Sam Smith a try because boy can sing.

ETA : Maybe You’re the Problem is my jam and sums up my 2022.

Is the new Parannoul album out today?

I saw Sterogum mention it but I don't see it streaming anywhere

EDIT: it's out tomorrow. Topshelf's website is very cluttered Topshelf Records - Parannoul - After the Magic

new White Reaper was kind of a let down, not bad, just not great.
After one listen I agree. I'll still give them more time since I like them a lot. They're not a "one and done" band for me. But I didn't pre-order this one because I had a feeling based off the singles. The lead singles for their last album in 2019 were phenomenal. This album is missing big hooks and songs that make themselves the focal point. It feels almost too 80s, it's as if it was literally recorded in the 80s instead of being recorded present day but sounding like the 80s. At least those were my first impressions.

New Kimbra album is pretty good, the track foolish thinking (w Ryan Lott of Son Lux) is gorgeous. The new Jack Garratt singles are a nice shot of morning dance energy too.

I'm really enjoying the new Kimbra. Is she more popular outside the US? I feel like she should be more popular than "that girl from Somebody That I Used to Know."
I thoroughly enjoyed it myself! "Foolish Thinking", "Save Me" and "replay!" are the highlights for me.

New Kimbra album is pretty good, the track foolish thinking (w Ryan Lott of Son Lux) is gorgeous. The new Jack Garratt singles are a nice shot of morning dance energy too.

I'm really enjoying the new Kimbra. Is she more popular outside the US? I feel like she should be more popular than "that girl from Somebody That I Used to Know."

I thoroughly enjoyed it myself! "Foolish Thinking", "Save Me" and "replay!" are the highlights for me.
This is the album of the week for me thus far. It’s definitely going to be on heavy rotation and I might need the physical.

Back