New Music Friday!

Weird, I thought it was a throw back to Eggs and more indie rockish than his last few.
Yeah listening to it more in full this seems to be more where it's at. But the extended nature of two of the songs had me thinking he's doing some interesting things. But most the individual songs do recall the older material a little bit. I like it a lot.

I think I've been an easy grader this week in the same manner I was as a teaching assistant in another life. :ROFLMAO:

🔥
  • EPROM, G Jones - Acid Disk 2 [EP] (this made the SOPHIE fan in me so overjoyed. Production is similar, sans the bright electronics and glimmer)
👍
  • EABS - 2061
  • Everything Everything - Raw Data Feel (different from what they've done in the past, no? Strong hooks to be found here. I don't agree with the "art pop" tag at all, though)
  • Angel Olsen - Big Time
  • Orville Peck - Bronco (first time listening to this country musician. Very impressed with his vocal range + strength)
  • POLIÇA - Madness
  • UMI - Forest in the City (thanks for this, @nolalady. Just shy of 🔥 for me; Amber Mark's and Ibeyi's releases are benchmarks for me this year in the R&B category, and this one is a bit more static than those two)
🤷‍♂️
  • Porridge Radio - Waterslide, Diving Board, Ladder To The Sky
  • Toro y Moi - Mahal
  • Tove Stryke - HARD (narrowly avoided 👎 tier, but a few interesting bits kept it from falling too far)
👎
  • 070 Shake - You Can't Kill Me
  • Trillmatic x Conway the Machine - Organized Grime 2 (not a fan of the production here)
🤮
  • Post Malone - Twelve Carat Toothache (the features are horrid, never mind the camp and uninspiring tunes)

I think I've been an easy grader this week in the same manner I was as a teaching assistant in another life. :ROFLMAO:

🔥
  • EPROM, G Jones - Acid Disk 2 [EP] (this made the SOPHIE fan in me so overjoyed. Production is similar, sans the bright electronics and glimmer)
👍
  • EABS - 2061
  • Everything Everything - Raw Data Feel (different from what they've done in the past, no? Strong hooks to be found here. I don't agree with the "art pop" tag at all, though)
  • Angel Olsen - Big Time
  • Orville Peck - Bronco (first time listening to this country musician. Very impressed with his vocal range + strength)
  • POLIÇA - Madness
  • UMI - Forest in the City (thanks for this, @nolalady. Just shy of 🔥 for me; Amber Mark's and Ibeyi's releases are benchmarks for me this year in the R&B category, and this one is a bit more static than those two)
🤷‍♂️
  • Toro y Moi - Mahal
  • Tove Stryke - HARD (narrowly avoided 👎 tier, but a few interesting bits kept it from falling too far)
👎
  • Trillmatic x Conway the Machine - Organized Grime 2 (not a fan of the production here)
🤮
  • Post Malone - Twelve Carat Toothache (the features are horrid, never mind the camp and uninspiring tunes)
You give Horsegirl’s Versions of Modern Performance a listen yet? I think it’d be right up your alley.

Last edited:
Radar List for 6.10.22

Max Richter - The New Four Seasons - Vivaldi Recomposed
Various - Music from Saharan WhatsApp
Elucid - I Told Bessie
Vieux Farka TouréLes Racines
Neneh Cherry - The Versions
Billy Howerdel - What Normal Was
The Range - Mercury
Midori Takada - You Who Are Leaving To Nirvana

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. Their last one is one of my favourite records (and somehow still in stock from the first run of 500 on their website)
I don’t like the new one as much as Soar. Thanks for the tip on the vinyl. I ordered a copy, very nice price and somehow got across the Atlantic without a major warp despite the very skinny box and the thick ten inch booklet in the sleeve.

I’d be very curious to here what fans of Yasmin Williams and the likes of @D Jilla think of this stuff.

I don’t like the new one as much as Soar. Thanks for the tip on the vinyl. I ordered a copy, very nice price and somehow got across the Atlantic without a major warp despite the very skinny box and the thick ten inch booklet in the sleeve.

I’d be very curious to here what fans of Yasmin Williams and the likes of @D Jilla think of this stuff.
Great that you could grab one. My one only had to go a few miles and arrived all crumpled so you did better than me. And agreed completely that Soar is better. Still enjoyed the new one though.

Great that you could grab one. My one only had to go a few miles and arrived all crumpled so you did better than me. And agreed completely that Soar is better. Still enjoyed the new one though.
Yeah, the new one is good. Soar is just… special.

🔥
👍
  • EABS - 2061
  • Angel Olsen - Big Time
  • POLIÇA - Madness
🤷‍♂️
  • Toro y Moi - Mahal
👎
🤮
Adding all these to my 'To Listen To' list. I've been woefully behind on listening of late.

Thanks, homie.

I will give it a listen!

So here's my selection for today, Friday June 10th. Happy listening everybody 🎶😊

Astronoid "Radiant Bloom" (Post-metal; shoegaze; black metal; progressive metal)

Sinead O'Brien "Time Bend and Break The Bower" (Post-Punk, Art Rock)

Michael Rault "Michael Rault" (Rock, Folk)

Neneh Cherry "The Versions" (Hip hop; dance; trip hop)

Afrodelic "Dusunkun Hakili" (House, Electro, Tech House, Ambient, Techno, Deep House)

Winona Oak "Island of the Sun" (Electropop; dance-pop)

Deliluh "Fault Lines" ( Pop; electronica; trip hop; PBR&B; ambient; soul)

The Dream Syndicate "Ultraviolet Battle Hymns and True Confessions" (Alternative rock; Neo-psychedelia; Paisley Underground)

Swardy "Compact Objects" (Hip Hop, Chill, Trap)

Elucid "I Told Bessie" (Hip Hop)

Moodring "Stargazer" (R&B)

Natalia Lacunza "Tiene Que Ser Para Mi" (Spanish Pop)

Tony Shhnow "Reflexions" (Hip Hop)

Sanguinem "Solitude" (Alternative Metal)

Shearwater "The Great Awakening" ( Indie rock, psychedelic folk, folk rock)

Vieux Farka Touré "Les Racines" (Blues, Malian folk, World, Rock, Reggae, Soul)

Will Joseph Cook "Every single thing" (Indie Pop)

The Range "Mercury" (Club, Electronic)

Osheyack "Intimate Publics" (Techno, Industrial, Noise, Metal)

Lil Darkie "THE SMALL DARK ONE" (Hip Hop)

Yann Tiersen "11 5 18 2 5 18" (Minimal, avant-garde, post-rock, folktronica, bal-musette)

George Ezra "Gold Rush Kid" (Pop, Folk)

Back