New Music Friday!

Fuck me, this is great! I'm only about halfway though and have already had a bunch of breath caught in my throat moments.
Glad you are enjoying it. Her last album Autonomy is one of my favorite records ever, it also might be the saddest record ever. This one is a little more optimistic if that is possible for Stephanie's music.

Fuck me, this is great! I'm only about halfway though and have already had a bunch of breath caught in my throat moments.
Third this sentiment. LOVE it.

If you are interested in ordering the record at some point. She has a fancy color on her website.

And their are signed black copies at Vinyl Tap.

and also signed copies of her last record.

If you are interested in ordering the record at some point. She has a fancy color on her website.

And their are signed black copies at Vinyl Tap.

and also signed copies of her last record.

Her first album was a low key masterpiece in my view, time to put in an order.

Um… all I’m saying is… it’s not often that I take note of a hip hop album:

I really enjoyed Cadence Weapon debut Breaking Kayfabe but I haven’t listened to much since.

I've gone hot and cold with him a few times. Was a huge fan years ago but he's made some questionable choices that have negatively impacted friends of mine along the way (nothing that ought to end him up in the Problematic thread or anything just a few things that could be seen by folks in the local or regional scenes as "a dick move") so I've just kinda stopped caring... I may wind up checking this one out after all based in your post.

Finally circling back to this. Very tasty, thanks!!
I got to chat with him during the listening party. Interesting guy. He lived in Pakistan and helped popularize a style of music there working with local musicians. His music never got big there, but several artists who he produced tracks for did. Now he's in New York and worked to get all these guys to do this album with him as a passion project.

Radar List, 26th April 2024
  • Abul Mogard & Rafael Anton IrisarriImpossibly distant, impossibly close (Drone / Ambient)
  • Black TuskThe Way Forward (Sludge)
  • Carlos GiffoniDream Walker (Ambient / Power Electronics / Experimental / Drone)
  • Christina Kubisch & Trondheim VoicesStromsänger (Experimental)
  • Consumer ElectronicsSurge (Power Electronics)
  • DarkthroneIt Beckons Us All (Black / Heavy)
  • Full Of HellCoagulated Bliss (Grindcore)
  • Inter ArmaNew Heaven (Sludge / Black / Death)
  • KhôraGestures Of Perception (Experimental / Ambient / Electroacoustic / Minimal / Musique Concrète)
  • LolinaUnrecognisable (Experimental)
  • Sonny RollinsA Night At The Village Vanguard: The Complete Masters (Hard Bop / Bop)
  • VariousFive Spanish Pioneers of Electronic & Experimental Music 1953 - 1969 (Experimental / Musique Concrète / Electroacoustic / Sound Art)
  • WanderwelleWat Gebeurde Er Met Sergeant Massuro? (Ambient / Downtempo / Dreampop)

Back