Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

The white house has decided today to keep existing covid related restrictions instead of increasing them as Delta continues to spread.

these fucking guys. snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. honestly would it kill the democratic party to take a page from the republican playbook and just play the heel and get shit done ? say what you will about putin's mitch, if he wanted increased restrictions, he'd shrug off any complaints and get 'ir done.

Reading additional articles about this, it appears to have to do more with travel restrictions than mask mandates and alike.

The travel industry and other countries are pushing hard for the United States to lift it's travel restrictions. So today's White House statement is about how the Biden Administration plans to keep current travel restrictions in place for now rather than lifting them.

You know what really grinds my gears? These Anti-vax legislators forbidding businesses from requiring proof of vaccination are the same assholes that would defend a businesses right to refuse service to people for shitty reasons. This is a public health crisis, cruise ships shouldn't HAVE to let unvaccinated people on board. Damn hypocrites.

You know what really grinds my gears? These Anti-vax legislators forbidding businesses from requiring proof of vaccination are the same assholes that would defend a businesses right to refuse service to people for shitty reasons. This is a public health crisis, cruise ships shouldn't HAVE to let unvaccinated people on board. Damn hypocrites.
On this we can agree. As much as I am opposed to the idea of compulsory vax requirements or .gov mandated vax passports, I am equally opposed to .gov stepping into preventing private entities from making their own decisions on this matter.

Can someone with better understanding or knowlege explain to me how they are determining that delta is the variant that is spreading the most etc etc? from all i've found, the CDC is doing actual sequencing to find variants on 750 cases nationally per week; given that there's 52000 new cases per week, they're way, way, way off. like, what they're testing is statistically insignificant and within a margin of error.

Also, in other news Fauci is having to defend the CDC's latest guidance on mask wearing with statements like "the science hasn't changed, the virus has".

The anti-vaxxers at work warned me that my red blood cells are clumping from the vaccine. I asked for their source, and a guy showed me a video from bitchutedotcom, and it from was a homeopathic doctor in Scotland. Seems legit.
The one guy finally said "I want my red blood cells. Period!"

go see your concerts/events now, because with Delta spreading easier and hitting harder, I wouldn't be surprised if another nationwide shutdown is coming...

go see your concerts/events now, because with Delta spreading easier and hitting harder, I wouldn't be surprised if another nationwide shutdown is coming...
yeah, i'm thinking this is going to kill steely dan and thievery corp in october for me

I haven't worn a mask inside of a business for over a month up until this past Sunday. I'll probably continue to do so until Delta settles down a little bit.

yeah, i'm thinking this is going to kill steely dan and thievery corp in october for me
I fear the same and but am holding onto highest hopes.

the rest of my year involves finally working events again and international travel to see family, solidly booked from mid-August through late January. if it all dissolves again... fuck.

I am much more skeptical that any sort of national lockdown will be able to happen again. I believe you are much more likely to see many more states take the route that South Dakota did and never enforce any sort of lockdown orders. To put it bluntly, the people in a great many areas of this country just will not have that shit again. To the point that even if lockdown orders are given, they will be widely resisted (sometimes violently so) and/or ignored.

This has moved from being a pandemic to endemic. It’s never going away and it will be with us always. But before you go laying the blame on people, you should understand that this was always going to be how it went. I wasn’t the only one who called this from the very beginning.

I haven't worn a mask inside of a business for over a month up until this past Sunday. I'll probably continue to do so until Delta settles down a little bit.

The indoor mask mandate in public spaces was never lifted here. It's one of the few things that remains other than controls on gathering sizes based on distancing & numbers. I don't think it will be lifted because although we're still resisting delta somehow, there's now some indications it's starting to spread.

Our government said they won't lock down again though. If there's an outbreak, they're going full out with vaccination passports for non-essential activities (and no earlier than September so everyone has a fair chance at being double-dosed). In case of outbreak, you could still do your groceries, get healthcare, etc if you're not vaccinated, but no cinema, restaurants, bars and such.

Back