Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Is Florida fudging the numbers while they refuse to issue a confinement order?

I assume so. In Hillsborough County (composed of a gang of large cities including Tampa) as of yesterday evening we had 151 cases and 1 death. We have 1.5 million people, 900 tests were allotted and 900 showed up to be tested at Bucs stadium the last 3 days. So maybe we'll see a spike soon?

At the same time, a number of big cities/counties have put their own orders out throughout the state.

So I haven't been able to find in all the news stories about whether this "bailout check" that we all get is actually just a portion of any tax refund we may get when filing taxes next year. Can someone with a better understanding of tax lingo help a brother out?

No disrespect to my fellow Americans, but what in the hell is wrong with that nation?!

Years and years of rich people deregulating all our industries, especially the media, lobbying for pro-billionaire policies, gutting the middle class, demonizing labor unions, and aggressively building right leaning propaganda machines a la fox news to brainwash stupid boomers that still think America is the same country it was in the 70s. Also racism.

During our Governors press conference, Governor Charlie Baker was just asked why Gun Shops are not essential.

Charlie Baker is saying they are not-essential businesses where as the person asking believes they should be.

Not something I ever thought about before or even considered.

During our Governors press conference, Governor Charlie Baker was just asked why Gun Shops are not essential.

Charlie Baker is saying they are not-essential businesses where as the person asking believes they should be.

Not something I ever thought about before or even considered.
There are some prickly constitutional issues raised by closing down gun shops, especially in a state where all transfers require a background check. It effectively suspends 2A rights for anyone who does not have a firearm and seeks to arm themselves for self defense in this time of crisis.

Isn't that basically an order to shut down interstate commerce?

Interstate commerce is exempted. Interstate delivery of essential goods and supplies (and everything else) can continue.

Someone visiting the state or returning to the state on the other hand is subject to the self quarantine.

The House of Representatives was expected to vote on the Stimulus bill and pass it today. With several people in the House already testing positive for COVID-19 and many House members already home and self quarantining with their family Nancy Pelosi wanted to have a voice vote remotely today which has never happened before.

A single Republican representative objected and says the vote must be on record on the house floor. So all the House members are now on their way back to DC to vote which will delay the vote.

Also, sounds like a bad idea to get them all together in the same room when several already have tested positive.

I guess we may end up draining the swamp after all. :cry:

I consider myself lucky to have it's own healthcare exchange. If you are unemployed, you can get free health insurance with no copays or deductibles paid for by the state.

Many, and by many I mean most states don't have this option. Many Red states have no individual plans available on the Obama Care exchange because insurance companies have pulled out. Those Red States cut the expanded medicare benefits that were part of Obama Care.

This has resulted in people who have been furloughed having to get COBRA to keep their health insurance while their employment has been severed. For a family of 4 that is more than $3,000 a month! Compare that to $150 a month under their employer.

How can they afford that health insurance? It's prohibitively high but if they don't have it and get hospitalized by COVID-19 they would be financially ruined.

They are finding if you are one of the 20% that end up in the ICU the average stay is going to be 12 to 14 days. That's going to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Back