Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

My favorite Chinese place is in a former fast food drive thru location. Pre pandemic they ran drive thru and sat tables. During lockdown it seemed like their business probably quadrupled and they ran only drive thru.

Now, though, they stopped the drive thru altogether and I kind of hate them for it.

My favorite Chinese place is in a former fast food drive thru location. Pre pandemic they ran drive thru and sat tables. During lockdown it seemed like their business probably quadrupled and they ran only drive thru.

Now, though, they stopped the drive thru altogether and I kind of hate them for it.

Drive thru chinese? How does that work? Do they have a ready made food/buffet? Or do you have to wait a bit for the stir fry to get done (like Thai Express if you have those), but I guess that would hold back the drive through, no?

Drive thru chinese? How does that work? Do they have a ready made food/buffet? Or do you have to wait a bit for the stir fry to get done (like Thai Express if you have those), but I guess that would hold back the drive through, no?

My guess is it's just a drive thru window for picking up your orders. Not actually ordering.

BA.2 is 30% more transmissible than the original strain of Omicron and capable of creating more severe disease.

My guess is it's just a drive thru window for picking up your orders. Not actually ordering.

Ah, makes sense. We don't have anything like that here. Drive-thru's are all like those fast food joints where you order in the microphone at one end and pick-up at the window after. Take-outs are usually in person.

We just lowered to tier two here at my place of work which means masks are by choice, unless you're someone with an exception to be unvaccinated, in which case you must still wear a mask.
Yeah it feels like the local authorities have declared that it's all over. For real this time. No masks required at school or work, everybody at my work is expected to be on site again starting next week, my wife's work is expecting people back on April 1st.

No vaccination or mask requirement at school.
No vaccination or mask requirement at my wife's work.
No booster or mask requirement at my work (unvaccinated people still required to test & mask, for now).

No vaccine available for kids under 5 for at least two more months.

I didn't realize covid-19 deaths now are higher than most any other point in the pandemic. And this is the time we re choosing to fully lift restrictions and return to normal.

I didn't realize covid-19 deaths now are higher than most any other point in the pandemic. And this is the time we re choosing to fully lift restrictions and return to normal.

Yep. I've been saying this to everyone around me. Nobody is listening anymore.

Meanwhile in the UK. All restrictions are being lifted as they enter a phase of "living with covid". This also includes no need to quarantine after testing positive and showing symptoms.

Boris is basically saying we can't restrict the liberties of British people forever. We have to accept covid is here and to stay. And we need to learn to live with it.

Meanwhile in the UK. All restrictions are being lifted as they enter a phase of "living with covid". This also includes no need to quarantine after testing positive and showing symptoms.

Boris is basically saying we can't restrict the liberties of British people forever. We have to accept covid is here and to stay. And we need to learn to live with it.

We’ve done pretty much the same here tbh. As much as I dislike Boris our vaccination rates put us in a hugely different place to you.

This is not news to someone who works with kids who have disabilities. I’m still waiting on the Feds to fully fund a law that was created in the 70’s.

I was just hearing reading some stories and watching news reports on the local NBC station about America moving on and leaving those with disabilities or are at high risk on their own to fend for themselves

Surprised no one brought this up yet, but late last week the CDC changed their guidance.

Most healthy adults no longer have to wear masks. Only those who are considered high risk should continue to wear masks.

Most states and cities have already lifted mandates before the CDC made these changes to their guidance.

What horrifies me, is the top question in regards to the CDC's new guidance people have is "Does this mean that the pandemic is over now?"

Cases are still high. Deaths right now are around the highest levels recorded during the pandemic so far. But the new guidance is all about the current trajectory looks good (new cases and positivity rates are on the decline), most people have either been vaccinated or have natural immunity due to prior infection. Overall the disease currently is less severe though for people should be able to make their own decisions as to whether or not they wear a mask.

But most people will take this as "we did it boys. It's officially over. We can return to normal".

Welp, two days from my wife's due date and my youngest has COVID. May have been from my mother in law who we saw over the weekend. She tested herself after we told her and has it for the 3rd time 😩. Hopefully we don't get significantly sick. He seems better than last night already, just had a low fever then. Just terrible luck after two years of avoidance this is when it hits.

Welp, two days from my wife's due date and my youngest has COVID. May have been from my mother in law who we saw over the weekend. She tested herself after we told her and has it for the 3rd time 😩. Hopefully we don't get significantly sick. He seems better than last night already, just had a low fever then. Just terrible luck after two years of avoidance this is when it hits.

My kid had it for two days, but my wife two weeks. Not fun times.

Surprised no one brought this up yet, but late last week the CDC changed their guidance.

Most healthy adults no longer have to wear masks. Only those who are considered high risk should continue to wear masks.

Most states and cities have already lifted mandates before the CDC made these changes to their guidance.

What horrifies me, is the top question in regards to the CDC's new guidance people have is "Does this mean that the pandemic is over now?"

Cases are still high. Deaths right now are around the highest levels recorded during the pandemic so far. But the new guidance is all about the current trajectory looks good (new cases and positivity rates are on the decline), most people have either been vaccinated or have natural immunity due to prior infection. Overall the disease currently is less severe though for people should be able to make their own decisions as to whether or not they wear a mask.

But most people will take this as "we did it boys. It's officially over. We can return to normal".
The CDC has lost all credibility in most scientists' eyes.

Hong Kong is apparently having a deadly outbreak.

When did this start to happen. How did we go from Zero Covid to the morgoes are full and out of hospital beds so fast? I wonder what the vaccination rate is.

Hong Kong is apparently having a deadly outbreak.

When did this start to happen. How did we go from Zero Covid to the morgoes are full and out of hospital beds so fast? I wonder what the vaccination rate is.
Vaccination rates last week : fully vaccinated 70%, boostered 24% in Hong kong
Edit: and here is am article discussion how that happened:

Last edited:
Back