Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

This has spun into the political realm a bit, but more so it's making me just laugh with the responses I'm getting from some family and friends who are part of the "faithful" up in Green Bay, lol.

This comment has caused some angst..........I'm sure yesterday's loss didn't help, lol.

Let's face it, if Kyle Lauletta had lied about being vaccinated, the team, the league and so on would have suspended, fined, and whatever else without batting an eye. But since it's Aaron Rodgers everyone turned a blind eye. Who's Kyle Lauletta? My point exactly, he's the 3rd string QB from Jacksonville and has to follow the same rules everyone else is "supposed" to follow, including Rodgers.

Let's be clear, I hate the Packers, I have to, I live in Chicago
🙂
But, I do/did, respect Rodgers as an athlete and QB. Some of that is gone now, and this isn't about your choice to vax or not, it's about being deceptive and misleading, the US should start stitching that on pillows for this holiday season.

But he got caught in a "lie" and now he's trying to justify his comments, he should have just shut up and it would have been fine, but no, when your ego can't handle it, you just keep digging that hole deeper and deeper. Your not being canceled Aaron, you're being held accountable.

Anyway.................LETS GO BEARS!!!!
🏉

.........and some how they're not seeing ALL the flags in his comments. Again, it seems that so many can't grasp the extent of what's going on and how it works when it comes to how this thing spreads.

Is this the "the jokes write themselves" chapter of the pandemic?

A North Dakota lawmaker who is organizing a rally on Monday protesting vaccine mandates will miss the event after contracting COVID-19.

“I’m feeling rough,” state Rep. Jeff Hoverson (R) said in a Facebook post on Monday, adding that "Covid is real and like a really bad flu."

Hoverson helped plan the Monday rally along with four GOP district chairs.

Is this the "the jokes write themselves" chapter of the pandemic?

A North Dakota lawmaker who is organizing a rally on Monday protesting vaccine mandates will miss the event after contracting COVID-19.

“I’m feeling rough,” state Rep. Jeff Hoverson (R) said in a Facebook post on Monday, adding that "Covid is real and like a really bad flu."

Hoverson helped plan the Monday rally along with four GOP district chairs.

I don't know whether to 🤣or 🙁.

On the Covid-related intentional humor side: Actually, Sandworm Attacks Have Only a One Percent Death Rate

Welp, I've had a sore throat, runny nose, and cough for a few days now, so going to get a covid test this morning. 👎🏻
Hope your feeling better, if your vaccinated symptoms should be mild. Rest up, stay hydrated, and keep moving. There are also tons of colds going around right now with kids back in school and most not vaccinated, less masks, etc.

Last edited:
Hope your feeling better, if your vaccinated symptoms should be mild. Rest up,m stay hydrated, and keep moving. There are also tons of colds going around right now with kids back in school and most not vaccinated, less masks, etc.
Thanks - test was negative, so yeah, just a nasty cold. Mostly better now, only some lingering phlegm.

while it does look goofy, this was required in many bands around the country at all levels of education- the thought being that your mouth still has droplets suppressed when you are not playing, and your nose is covered, all of which reduces transmission or potential severity.

this still was from 2020, as are most of similar photos from NY to Iowa to CA, and has since been dropped since it was proven to not be very effective or necessary. it was an attempt at safety when things were trying to "return to normal" pre-vaccine.

Well the crazies are coming out of the woodwork and letting their positions be known after the OSHA guidelines for unvaccinated persons being subject to weekly testing. Including someone replying all to the company-wide directory with the infamous "let's go Brandon" refrain.

This was followed up with several more "reply alls" and people spouting doubts on vaccine efficacy and political motivations. :rolleyes:

I finally had to chime in with:

"I appreciate your enthusiasm on this, but I think this might be the wrong channel for these opinions.
These emails are becoming a distraction for those of us trying to get some work done today.
I would appreciate being removed from any further replies unless they are coming from the leadership team."

Can Outlook make an UNSUBSCRIBE button already?

Well the crazies are coming out of the woodwork and letting their positions be known after the OSHA guidelines for unvaccinated persons being subject to weekly testing. Including someone replying all to the company-wide directory with the infamous "let's go Brandon" refrain.

This was followed up with several more "reply alls" and people spouting doubts on vaccine efficacy and political motivations. :rolleyes:

I finally had to chime in with:

"I appreciate your enthusiasm on this, but I think this might be the wrong channel for these opinions.
These emails are becoming a distraction for those of us trying to get some work done today.
I would appreciate being removed from any further replies unless they are coming from the leadership team."

Can Outlook make an UNSUBSCRIBE button already?

Like, maybe I'm old fashioned (I am a millennial, after all), but I honestly don't understand how anyone could think that kind of political talk should be welcome at work. I've definitely had and currently have politicians in power that I don't approve of*, but I'm an adult, so I don't talk about it at work. It honestly boggles my mind that so many people today have allowed social media-style context collapse to bleed out from the internet into all these other aspects of their lives.

*all of them, but some even more than others

Like, maybe I'm old fashioned (I am a millennial, after all), but I honestly don't understand how anyone could think that kind of political talk should be welcome at work. I've definitely had and currently have politicians in power that I don't approve of*, but I'm an adult, so I don't talk about it at work. It honestly boggles my mind that so many people today have allowed social media-style context collapse to bleed out from the internet into all these other aspects of their lives.

It was shocking to see someone be so bold. The other shock was that it took 3 days for HR to reply with something saying we shouldn’t use the company email for political opinions.

I honestly don't understand how anyone could think that kind of political talk should be welcome at work

It was shocking to see someone be so bold

Funny timing. A co-worker just five minutes ago told me that a guy in our inspections department (who is notorious for being anti-vax and a 'do your research' guy) was asked by Beaumont Health Systems to wear a mask for that day's inspection. He flat out refused and raised his voice to our customer about how he's not a sheep and masks don't do anything.

Hey, if you're at home and want to spout that stuff to your wife and friends, fine...but this was at work. And he was entering a HEALTH facility. Unreal. And he won't be reprimanded here because our bosses have a very hands-off management style. Like, it's nearly impossible to get reprimanded for anything here. Just as an example of that hands-off style; one of our designers brought his dog to work a few weeks ago. Nobody said anything, so now he does it at least once a week. I don't mind, I like dogs, but that's pushing it a bit.

I feel weird even listening to political music at work.

Back