Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

My uncle was going on about COVID testing is a scam. They are just marking you as testing possible because it brings in more money to the healthcare system.

He then went on to say a buddy of his went to get tested a couple weeks ago on a 100 degree day. After waiting in line outside to be tested for 2 hours and having at least 2 more hours of waiting in front of him and and his wife said screw it and left. Never got tested. A week later they got their test results back in the mail and both had tested positive.

My uncle as the questions, if they never were even tested, how could they have tested positive. It's a scam. At the testing center you had to repregister your spot in line, so the testing site already had your info, and spot in line.

He says this is proof that they are just saying you test positive and you test positive to generate more profits and make Donald Trump look bad.

I don't believe the store for one bit. It sounds like pure BS to me. But stories like that spread like wildfire and are believed to the the truth by many.

They are just marking you as testing possible because it brings in more money to the healthcare system.
so what they are saying is that the healthcare for profit system in the US is corrupt, and we should maybe try something different? okay, I'm on board!

but for real- the whole "my friend's dad went to get tested, ran out of time, and then was notified he was positive" raised an eyebrow... the first time I heard it a few weeks back.

now, it's every single person I know in TX, TN, and beyond saying, "well, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw their dad get fake covid results last night," and none of it is serious.

so what they are saying is that the healthcare for profit system in the US is corrupt, and we should maybe try something different? okay, I'm on board!

but for real- the whole "my friend's dad went to get tested, ran out of time, and then was notified he was positive" raised an eyebrow... the first time I heard it a few weeks back.

now, it's every single person I know in TX, TN, and beyond saying, "well, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw their dad get fake covid results last night," and none of it is serious.
They’re all referring to the same person! 6 degrees of “fake Covid results”

Massachusetts has issued a travel ban yesterday.

You are allowed to travel to CT, RI, VT, NH, NY, or NJ. But any other state is considered a COVID-19 hot spot and a travel ban has been issued. Of course the travel ban it self is not enforceable and more like guidelines.

However, what is enforceable is anyone who has traveled to any state that is considered a hot spot must quarantine for 14 days upon returning to Massachusetts unless they can produce negative test results which would end the quarantine early. Anyone failing to quarantine would be fined $500 a day.

This comes in response to an incident where a healthcare worker at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield recently traveled to a hotspot. When she returned she did not know she was infected with COVID-19 and was asymptomatic. She was patient zero who spread COVID-19 to 23 people who then spread it more creating a hotspot in Springfield. Through contact tracing they think they have everyone in isolation now.

But to avoid future situations like this from happening again they have issued the travel ban and mandatory quarantine order.

You are allowed to travel to CT, RI, VT, NH, NY, or NJ. But any other state is considered a COVID-19 hot spot and a travel ban has been issued. Of course the travel ban it self is not enforceable and more like guidelines.

You forgot Maine (although we still aren't allowed to go there), and... HAWAII, which I assume checks the cases / 100,000 box but still made me laugh.

I've had dozens of conversations with people similar to your uncle, for example: if you die in a car accident and subsequently test positive for COVID, it will be categorized as a COVID death for political reasons. Why is everything a conspiracy? And is our country so broken that we are polarized to our respective sides by a VIRUS!? That's a rhetorical question.

We're on day 13 of quarantine over here, and my daughter (and the rest of us) haven't had any symptoms except boredom.

You forgot Maine (although we still aren't allowed to go there), and... HAWAII, which I assume checks the cases / 100,000 box but still made me laugh.

I've had dozens of conversations with people similar to your uncle, for example: if you die in a car accident and subsequently test positive for COVID, it will be categorized as a COVID death for political reasons. Why is everything a conspiracy? And is our country so broken that we are polarized to our respective sides by a VIRUS!? That's a rhetorical question.

We're on day 13 of quarantine over here, and my daughter (and the rest of us) haven't had any symptoms except boredom.

We still aren't allowed to go to HAWAII either without a 14 day quarantine like traveling to MAINE. I believe the same holds true for Alaska as well.

Reactions: mgp
We still aren't allowed to go to HAWAII either without a 14 day quarantine like traveling to MAINE. I believe the same holds true for Alaska as well.

Gotcha. My bad, I misunderstood. Like Maine, people from Hawaii are allowed to visit us without self quarantining, but we aren't allowed to go there. I guess I'll cancel my flights.

The Massachusetts map of lower risk states is pretty grim:

us-travel-map_2020-07-24_01-2.png

so what's the deal with this group?

America's Frontline Doctors Summit

clip:

Breitbart presented a shakey-cam video on the steps of the Supreme Court that all the right wing, Trump, QAnon people are sharing like crazy and all the socials are taking it down for the spread of false information, which obviously makes it seem extremely dubious at best in my view. the claims they are making is that Hydroxychloroquine is a Covid cure and that the rest of science are suppressing this information and causing deaths.

again, I'm not trying to give this any kind of credence, just tossing it out there in hopes of finding out a bit more on this group and just how dangerous they may or may not be.

clip:

Breitbart presented a shakey-cam video on the steps of the Supreme Court that all the right wing, Trump, QAnon people are sharing like crazy and all the socials are taking it down for the spread of false information, which obviously makes it seem extremely dubious at best in my view. the claims they are making is that Hydroxychloroquine is a Covid cure and that the rest of science are suppressing this information and causing deaths.

again, I'm not trying to give this any kind of credence, just tossing it out there in hopes of finding out a bit more on this group and just how dangerous they may or may not be.

I read this brief thread about it yesterday. It took Facebook a long time to take it down relative to view count at least.

• Wow
Reactions: mgp

clip:

1595956287848.png

Anyone see this yet? On 7/16/20 keeping track of the data for confirmed new cases in the united states transitioned from the CDC to HHS (Department of Health & Human Services).

View attachment 58742

Anyone see this yet? On 7/16/20 keeping track of the data for confirmed new cases in the united states transitioned from the CDC to HHS (Department of Health & Human Services).
Saw this yesterday. I hope it hasn't distorted the data too much, b cause obviously we all want the plateau to be there, but unfortunately it adds doubt, which is infuriating, because there was absolutely no reason for this bullshit.

View attachment 58742

I saw it being shared on FB a few times yesterday, always attached to a profile with "Firstname Lastname, M.D." as the naming convention. I wouldn't be surprised if it's real, but it also sets off a few alarm bells for me. The lack of attribution in the graph itself doesn't do anything to lend it credibility. I'd like to see this in its original context before I put too much trust in it.

Edit: It looks like there is some sort of watermark in the upper righthand of the graph under "Data Handled by HHS," but I can't quite make it out. Doing a reverse image search doesn't take me anywhere reputable. So put me in the "validity disputed" camp for now.

Edit 2: This NYT graph shows similar data with a similar taper in mid-July:

1595958984257.png

So in that respect, at least, it does appear to be accurately displaying the number of new cases reported to the public, coinciding with the handoff from CDC to HHS. I'd still like to get more info about the source of the first image, though.

Last edited:
yeah, that graph isn't from any reputable source yet.

However, we do know that the official data / graphs do appear to show that we have plateaued. And the HHS did take over the data on July 16th.

There is no proof or evidence from reputable sources yet that HHS is to blame for the plateau. Just a lot of unanswered questions.

Back