Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

I took my family to get tested on Wednesday afternoon. We were going on vacation with family next week; my parents are in their 70s, so we (brothers and sisters) decided the only way to do it responsibly was if everyone got tested before going.

We have been so safe for the past several months. I can count the number of people that we've seen on one hand, so I viewed the testing as a formality. Imagine the shock when my 6-year-old came back positive (the other three of us are negative). No vacation, and we are now on day 2 of our 14 day quarantine.

We are all healthy so far. She has zero symptoms: not a runny nose, no GI issues, same amount of energy as always, literally nothing. The asymptomatic positives are very very real, and the school year is going to be a nightmare. Wear masks, socially distance, be safe out there everyone.

There's a lot of talk about how kids that young don't spread it much to others once they get it. I'm hoping that turns out to be the case. Keep us updated.

All the best to you and your family.

Last edited:
Maybe the whole "kids can't get it" mentality is because kids weren't getting tested.

Kids are the new expendables like old people were when Covid started.

What was being said around here is that kids don't spread it much. They very much get COVID, but the authorities were suggesting that they got it from the adults around them and not so much from other young kids. I would suspect that babies are very much getting infected via adults.

I agree with you though - if they get mild almost asymptomatic forms, it's quite possible they are just not getting tested.

If this spreads from schools, we'll see a massive rise when and where they start to reopen for live learning. I'm mostly afraid for high schools and higher levels since the data for older kids definitely suggests otherwise.

A friend of mine who found out she had Covid in late March (after three false negative tests and many trips to the ER) is struggling to get back to normal and still has flare-ups or relapses. Turns ot she's among the long-haulers. She's 50 and was ostensibly in great shape (healthy eater, distance runner) when she first contracted it. The answers in this Q&A really demonstrate how little even the brightest minds know about this virus and its effects.

A friend of mine who found out she had Covid in late March (after three false negative tests and many trips to the ER) is struggling to get back to normal and still has flare-ups or relapses. Turns ot she's among the long-haulers. She's 50 and was ostensibly in great shape (healthy eater, distance runner) when she first contracted it. The answers in this Q&A really demonstrate how little even the brightest minds know about this virus and its effects.

This article talks about the same topic. About 80 % hospitalized still had symptoms 2 months later. I've also read an article recently saying that even those that test negative after having been infected still can have symptoms for several months. Indeed we still know so little about this virus. I still remember how the general doctor my boyfriend goes to already said in early March that she will do everything to avoid catching it. She already was wearing a face mask in public when most people in Germany didn't consider doing it yet.

I think it's so strange that still so many people in the US seem to be reluctant to wear face masks. I think wearing them is one of the best things we can do. I follow the news and am really worried about the strongly increasing numbers in many countries and especially in the US. My heart goes out to all of you in the US and other countries strongly affected like Brazil, Mexico etc. Lots of positivity sent out to all of you! ❤️

Bad news of tge week: antibody levels seem to decline a few months after a covid-19 disease. That might not automatically mean that immunity is gone, because there are other factors involved in immunity as well. But it might render widespread antibody testung pretty useless.

Bad news of tge week: antibody levels seem to decline a few months after a covid-19 disease. That might not automatically mean that immunity is gone, because there are other factors involved in immunity as well. But it might render widespread antibody testung pretty useless.

This also is an interesting article that focuses more on the T-Cells vs the antibodies. I guess we still need to learn so much about this virus and how it behaves.

I think it's so strange that still so many people in the US seem to be reluctant to wear face masks

It is really strange and is for the most part divided right down party lines. People wearing masks get called libtards or demon-crats for wearing them. It seriously just happened to a friend of mine on Friday.

And thanks for the positive vibes...we need them around here.

Back