Needles & Grooves Fantasy Hockey League

You're doing well because of your recent pickups.

Sometimes I can look like genius. Sometimes, but not often. Biggest difference this week other than Varlamov is that most of my players are actually playing regularly for the first time in almost a month.

I should probably put Hart up for trade offers, but I also like the idea of having a 3rd goalie with all the PPD games that keep popping up.

Sometimes I can look like genius. Sometimes, but not often. Biggest difference this week other than Varlamov is that most of my players are actually playing regularly for the first time in almost a month.

I should probably put Hart up for trade offers, but I also like the idea of having a 3rd goalie with all the PPD games that keep popping up.
Since you brought up the goalie convo, I'm now down to one starter, since Makstrom was put on the IR yesterday. It would appear that he could be out longer than originally anticipated. That said, I'm currently riiding it out with Vasilevskiy who is arguably the best goaltender in the league and who is currently winning the goalie categories by himself this week. So based on that fact alone, would you stand pat or would you consider getting another goalie? 🤔

Since you brought up the goalie convo, I'm now down to one starter, since Makstrom was put on the IR yesterday. It would appear that he could be out longer than originally anticipated. That said, I'm currently riiding it out with Vasilevskiy who is arguably the best goaltender in the league and who is currently winning the goalie categories by himself this week. So based on that fact alone, would you stand pat or would you consider getting another goalie? 🤔

I'd definitely get another. With the tight schedule, a good back up should get you 1-2 starts a week, to make sure you cover those 3 starts.

Do you not have space with Markstrom on the IR?

I'd definitely get another. With the tight schedule, a good back up should get you 1-2 starts a week, to make sure you cover those 3 starts.

Do you not have space with Markstrom on the IR?
I have space provided a drop one of my players. 😬

Yeah, I see you have some pretty decent players. Drop a D (i.e. Nurse?) and ride 3? Or if you get forward logjams on many nights, consider dropping your worst player at that position.
Definitely not droping Nurse who has been my best and most consistent D all season, and who is currently in the conversation for the Norris.

Definitely not droping Nurse who has been my best and most consistent D all season, and who is currently in the conversation for the Norris.

Yeah, haven't followed... point still stands. Drop a D and ride three. Drop a forward in the position you have most/get logjams. Play a single Goalie and risk losing every category at the end of the week regardless of your stats because you didn't get 3 starts.

a much blander version of Perry than from his good old days
Ah his good old days, I remember back when he played for the London Knights. He had quite a rep, he'd come to Compuware Arena to play the Plymouth Whalers and a huge chant of 'Dive Perry, dive" would usually break out during his shifts.

Side story...the Whalers played three miles from my house, we went to SO many games back when they moved into that arena. They were really good for a stretch too. Sadly for us, they moved to Flint. But it's good for that area; Flint needs positive things up there, and I have nephews near the city that are thrilled to see the Firebirds play.

@BjorgenFjorgen

Toronto Maple Leafs superstar Auston Matthews did not take part in Friday's practice and is considered day-to-day with a hand injury, the team announced.

Matthews' status for Saturday's game against the Edmonton Oilers currently remains unclear.

The 23-year-old appeared to be in discomfort after going hard into the boards on Wednesday against the Calgary Flames.

Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe said postgame that Matthews has battled a wrist ailment all year.

"We don't think it's anything more at this point than what he's been dealing with virtually all season," Keefe said.

Matthews, who leads the NHL with 18 goals, is likely considered a front-runner for the Hart Trophy as the league's most valuable player.

@BjorgenFjorgen

Toronto Maple Leafs superstar Auston Matthews did not take part in Friday's practice and is considered day-to-day with a hand injury, the team announced.

Matthews' status for Saturday's game against the Edmonton Oilers currently remains unclear.

The 23-year-old appeared to be in discomfort after going hard into the boards on Wednesday against the Calgary Flames.

Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe said postgame that Matthews has battled a wrist ailment all year.

"We don't think it's anything more at this point than what he's been dealing with virtually all season," Keefe said.

Matthews, who leads the NHL with 18 goals, is likely considered a front-runner for the Hart Trophy as the league's most valuable player.

man this sucks, also Jack Eichel went down ..

Back