Needles & Grooves Fantasy Hockey League

You guys seriously crack me up with all your goalie juggling 🤹‍♂️ 😄🤣😂

Just trying to salvage the week. My only real shot is with as many goalie starts as I can get. Dallas being out made me lose at least 2 starts, unfortunately.

Picking last in the draft and going with Crosby & Svechnikov as my first 2 picks has not worked out that well for my offense. Neither is performing like they should for those pick positions.

Just trying to salvage the week. My only real shot is with as many goalie starts as I can get. Dallas being out made me lose at least 2 starts, unfortunately.

Picking last in the draft and going with Crosby & Svechnikov as my first 2 picks has not worked out that well for my offense. Neither is performing like they should for those pick positions.
I think Crosby's play has been more than consistent 🤔 At 33 years of age he will not produce at the same pace he used to when he was in the prime of his career. He is more of a playmaker and will tally more assists than goals as he often sets up Guentzel and Rust, hence why both are hot 🔥 at the moment. But that said he is still in top 20 best players in the league and at any given moment can be an offensive threat not to mention he wins you a lot of face-offs night in and night out. I mean if you no longer want him, I'll gladly take him off your hands. 😉

Last edited:
I think Crosby's play has been more than consistent 🤔 At 33 years of age he will not produce at the same pace he used to when he was in the prime of his career. He is more of a playmaker and will tally more assists than goals as he often sets up Guentzel and Rust, hence why both are hot 🔥 at the moment. But that said he is still in top 20 best players in the league and at any given moment can be an offensive threat not to mention he wins you a lot of face-offs night in and night out. I mean if you no longer want him, I'll gladly take him off your hands. 😉

Crosby is great... just not #10 pick great. He's ranked #46 in the pool right now, and that's about right. I'm not too worried about him, but I probably should have gone with someone else at that pick, especially considering I didn't get another pick until #30-31. The snaking draft was difficult picking 10th. Bigger problem is Svechnikov has been even worst for a #11 pick, so I ended up with nobody in the top 30, hence why I'm getting killed every week. Those guys are producing, just not at par with the level where I got them. But we'll see - things can turn around. But I'm kind of pessimistic about it right now....

And no, I'm not going to trade Crosby though because I don't see how I can recover value out of whatever people are likely willing to offer.

In the meantime, it's either I mail it in or I try to make FA swaps to take gambles on short term performances.

Crosby is great... just not #10 pick great. He's ranked #46 in the pool right now, and that's about right. I'm not too worried about him, but I probably should have gone with someone else at that pick, especially considering I didn't get another pick until #30-31. The snaking draft was difficult picking 10th. Bigger problem is Svechnikov has been even worst for a #11 pick, so I ended up with nobody in the top 30, hence why I'm getting killed every week. Those guys are producing, just not at par with the level where I got them. But we'll see - things can turn around. But I'm kind of pessimistic about it right now....

And no, I'm not going to trade Crosby though because I don't see how I can recover value out of whatever people are likely willing to offer.

In the meantime, it's either I mail it in or I try to make FA swaps to take gambles on short term performances.
Understood. That's why when I draft in fantasy pools I always try to snag a goalie in the first couple rounds because the value of an elite goaltender cannot be understated. The goalie categories can often make it or break it for some managers.

I also think at some point during the season some of us will need to pull the trigger on a trade in order to address specific needs. Free agency and waiver wire is a low risk-high-reward option that doesn't always pan out unfortunately. I was fortunate enough to land J. Staal and Atkinson and it has paid dividends thus far but that isn't always the case.

Holy fuck 😳 when it rains 🌧 it pours! I just lost 3 of my guys in the span of a couple of days, first Chabot, then Monahan and now Malkin! 🤕😭

Back