Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 9 - March 2020 /// X-Ray Spex - Germfree Adolescents

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Bananarama - Siobhan was married to Dave Stewart and Manson covered Sweet Dreams...

Man on the Moon - 1969: Man landed on the moon and Manson's namesake went on his reign of terror

Nintendo - Manson routinely took his Nintendo on tour with him (albeit a DS)

Mirror - No Reflection (track 2 on Born Villain)

I need an excuse to buy this. They're so good.
I've tried:
"Hey, hon
I don't have any palindromic bands in my collection"

It didn't fly.
She's always:
"What is Spotify for?"

I've tried explaining the ritual of spinning, but she's not sold on it.
Spotify is for previewing albums to make sure the purchases are well founded.

"I Heard a Rumour" was produced by Stock Aitken Waterman, a group of songwriters/record producers that helped make a bunch of hits (specifically in the UK) throughout the 80s. Perhaps the answer lies somewhere in here?
20200131_104215.jpg

"I Heard a Rumour" was produced by Stock Aitken Waterman, a group of songwriters/record producers that helped make a bunch of hits (specifically in the UK) throughout the 80s. Perhaps the answer lies somewhere in here?
View attachment 30949
Debbie Harry catches my eye. Her album Debravation has a song titled "Dancing Down the Moon" (REM connection?)

Edit: nvm, doesn't seem to be widely available on vinyl

View attachment 30949

Not the hit factory, anything but the hit factory, the awful music PTSD is too much to bear, I’m just one rick roll away from breaking over here...

Back