Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 8 - February 2020 /// Ibeyi - Ash

First record I already owned. So, there you go @ChristoBee it's already got my stamp of approval. Fantastic pick can't wait to see your write up. I also.look forward to the further listening... Only thing I can think of in an riyl way is Sevdaliza.

There are already officials swaps available if you want to check them out before the further listening suggestions.

Hey @ChristoBee (everybody) Noga Erez is another great RIYL type listen.

I swapped an Essential pick for the Noga Exclusive - And spun it a lot !

Trying to recall which swap....... Think it was Betty Davis - Which I ended up doing a diff swap for (and never ever play it - I even bought the other exclusive for a double Betty hit ........ And don't play that either :rolleyes:

Got my Hermes tracking notice - quite possible i might have this tomorrow but if not definitely Monday.
An AOTM with a 3 day turnaround- I’m sure VMP will have it nailed too once the Geese have migrated.
Edit : And it cost me £8 delivered !!!!
VMP won’t ever match that.

Last edited:
I had been willing to buy this album for a long time, and this may be the final push I needed. My girlfriend loves this album too, so I'll probably order it after next payday.

I saw Ibeyi live on 2018, and it was a great show. Lisa-Kaindé introduced the song "I wanna be like you" by saying she wrote the song for her sister Naomi, who was the person she loved and admired the most. I had listened that song at least 10 times before, but hearing it live after Lisa-Kaindé's words made it much more meaningful to me. I struggled to hold my tears as I thought of my little brother who is in many respects my role model.

Back