Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 7 - January 2020 /// Clarence Clarity - No Now

I think this is a good guess based on @gaporter liking it, but unless I'm mistaken, it is already out of print, so expensive on discogs. Not all of us feel so clean like a money machine, Joe.

Hey, I’m the green behind the ears, idealistic prosecutor! Its the job of @Skalap and his division to come up with the evidence...

GAPBANDIV.jpg

😂

Hey all! I’m very excited and honored to welcome everyone to Vol. 7 of the Needles & Grooves AOTM, selected by yours truly. I first want to thank everyone who has helped to get this forum to where we are now, as without them this opportunity would not exist. This homegrown record club has become one of the most rewarding aspects to the new forum and I am so happy to be part of it. Our curation so far has been very diverse and exceptional and I hope that I can continue that trend! I do not expect everyone to love the album that I’ve chosen (that would be impossible), but I hope that at the very least everyone will give it a chance and try to appreciate it and hear what I hear in it.

I intend to announce the album on December 25th (Christmas! ^_^), though that is always subject to change depending on how things line up and other various factors. Until then, let’s have fun and try our best to make this thread a wonderful little slice of chaos! I look forward to sharing what all I have in store with y’all and hope that I do not disappoint.

Let’s get this show on the road!
View attachment 24371
Since that is Invader Zim, the choice must be Shades of Blue: Madlib Invades Blue Note!

Opeth covered it.

It was released 1989

Genre is grindcore (I guess, I’m not too up on Metal genre, but that’s what the wiki says and that’s good enough for me)

Label is Earache

One of the writers of the song, Justin Broadrick, has released hard techno under the name JK Flesh. He’s also a producer. The other writers, Nicholas Bullen and Mick Harris, have also been a part of other bands and later experimental electronic music.

@Goatfish , you should help out this month!

Back