Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 7 - January 2020 /// Clarence Clarity - No Now

Anyone have a good source for buying No Now besides the Bella Union store? Comes to about $32 shipped, just wondering if I can find it cheaper. Couple EU sellers on discogs that would be a little cheaper.

Bjork confirmed!
I love that you pick an album and stick with it, evidence be damned

View attachment 26494
I know Björk would have been a good choice but it would have been way too obvious. Also from what I can tell pressings of her records tend to be hit or miss, which is why, despite my love for her, I've mostly avoided getting her stuff on vinyl, at least until I can be sure I'm getting a good pressing.

I'm guessing a lot of people unplug for the weekends and so I expect the traffic and discussion should pick up a bit tomorrow. Or maybe it won't until I officially make the announcement! Who knows. Either way, I can't wait to hear what people think of the record in question and I'm anticipating being able to finally talk openly about it with people in here! To quote a very special lady from earlier in this thread
I AM EXCITE

Last edited:
I love that you pick an album and stick with it, evidence be damned

View attachment 26494

One has to stay true to his beliefs and even if I really love The Gloaming (you know I do) Bloc Party will always be the real December AOTM

I know Björk would have been a good choice but it would have been way too obvious. Also from what I can tell pressings of her records tend to be hit or miss, which is why, despite my love for her, I've mostly avoided getting her stuff on vinyl, at least until I can be sure I'm getting a good pressing.

I don't understand why you say it would have been too obvious. Is this because of your avatar?

I'm guessing a lot of people unplug for the weekends and so I expect the traffic and discussion should pick up a bit tomorrow. Or maybe until I officially make the announcement! Who knows. Either way, I can't wait to hear what people think of the record in question and I'm anticipating being able to finally talk openly about it with people in here! To quote a very special lady from earlier in this thread

I spent the week-end in Lisbon and just came back home an hour ago. I'll give a first listen asap. Though, you already won this AotM, you really did an amazing job with you hints. I don't know the artist so I had no chances to guess the AotM but I see that even the ones that did know did not guessed. Congrats!

I don't understand why you say it would have been too obvious. Is this because of your avatar?
Partially the avatar but also, as we discussed in regards to Radiohead with Joe Mac's pick last month, Björk is a highly acclaimed and popular artist who, brilliant as she is, doesn't really need a bigger spotlight put on her. A recurring theme throughout every AOTM so far has been to highlight an artist/album we feel is underrated and deserves more attention, and I feel that those picks are some of the most exciting because you are able to not only feel the passion someone has for their pick, but be exposed to new music in the process!

I’ve found the European One Little Indian pressings to be pretty good, it’s mostly 90s and 00s music though so it’ll never be perfect on vinyl.

That said I have heard horror stories about all the US presses of her albums! A bit like your other favs Radiohead in that respect!

Partially the avatar but also, as we discussed in regards to Radiohead with Joe Mac's pick last month, Björk is a highly acclaimed and popular artist who, brilliant as she is, doesn't really need a bigger spotlight put on her. A recurring theme throughout every AOTM so far has been to highlight an artist/album we feel is underrated and deserves more attention, and I feel that those picks are some of the most exciting because your are able to not only feel the passion someone has for their pick, but be exposed to new music in the process!

Couldn't agree more ❤ You did well and that is what I expect from our club. What kind of club would focus on Aretha Franklin or QOTSA's best records? I don't need nobody to tell me to listen to Aretha or Josh.

That said, I am going to bed and leave you all with this beautiful Elis Regina song Romaria (I finally bought this record this week-end in Lisbon)

Couldn't agree more ❤ You did well and that is what I expect from our club. What kind of club would focus on Aretha Franklin or QOTSA's best records? I don't need nobody to tell me to listen to Aretha or Josh.

That said, I am going to bed and leave you all with this beautiful Elis Regina song Romaria (I finally bought this record this week-end in Lisbon)

To be fair to Voldemort they do have to sell records to the type of twats who ask how Mitski is essential 😂. I’m defending Voldemort, fuuuuuuuuuck!

That said in terms of discovery and diverse curation we are so much better and I’m really looking forward to @gaporter pick to the point that I’m currently doing this with the front runner

EED52349-0891-4135-A996-E4B326395F58.jpeg

Back