Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 7 - January 2020 /// Clarence Clarity - No Now

I’m now really fucking confused! So you’ve just done this off your own initiative. You weren’t told that it was contained somewhere in a woob thread? ARGH!

and maybe I'm more alien than animal.

gap- I have a favor to ask. can you tell me that hundo the album/artist had not been guessed in this thread? or just that it was not on the 1st page list?
not even sure if there was disparity, just not entirely certain how comprehensive the first page is/was

More specifically, I don't picture @gaporter saying, aha, there was this one time I remember this one list one somebody made that happened to have this album on it, unless maybe it was her list. But it wasn't. She only submitted that Death Grips album. Now, it's possible she searched the forum for her own album and found it there. But I think it is far more realistic that she saw the album on a final AOTY list.

As for JQBX, she's in there most of the live long day with the rest of us animals pressuring the shit out of her; it's to be expected.

As for JQBX, she's in there most of the live long day with the rest of us animals pressuring the shit out of her; it's to be expected.

That doesn’t make it any less frustrating when we’re sat here spiralling without a clue and we get almost daily “well in JQBX we mentioned this that and the other”. It feels like a privileged community within a community!

Are you jelly I got to ask two questions today Joe?

now we know what colors she likes!!! No one thanked me for that juicy tidbit!

not at all! You earned those questions!

and maybe I'm more alien than animal.

gap- I have a favor to ask. can you tell me that hundo the album/artist had not been guessed in this thread? or just that it was not on the 1st page list?
not even sure if there was disparity, just not entirely certain how comprehensive the first page is/was

the list was up to date, I tidied it up last night and included the two that had been guessed in the meantime in the “not it” when it did the wipeout. Something is only missing if I missed it out accidentallyz

I think the N&G community is blessed and privileged to have @gaporter amongst us. She's a rare treat of a person. We are also blesssed and privileged to have a JQBX which serves our interests much more so than the typical IRC channel most large forums have wherein some shadowy shard of the population tends to live. that these two things happened to intersect for this AOTM is not a condemnation of the exclusivity of the JQBX membership which is freely open to anyone at any time.

I mean, if it were exclusive I guess those of us around when clues dropped could have just kept them to our exclusive selves to maintain an advantage? Where's the gratitude?

I am gonna help!

It's probably not because too expensive and/or hard to find :
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything (tie 10)
My Bloody Valentine- Loveless
PJ Harvey - Dry
PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me
PJ Harvey - Is This Desire
PJ Harvey - Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness
Fiona Apple - When the Pawn...
Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain
The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium
The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute (tie 1)
Aaliyah- Aaliyah (tie 20)
Tool - Ænima
Frank Ocean - Channel ORANGE
At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command
Jill Scott - Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1
Rilo Kiley - Under the Blacklight

It's probably not because Voldemort :
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
Notorious BIG - Ready To Die
Goodie Mob - Soul Food
Fiona Apple - Tidal
Fugees - The Score
Beck - Odelay
Weezer - Pinkerton
Moby - Play
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs For the Deaf
Clipse - Lord Willin
Feist - Let It Die
My Morning Jacket - Z (tie 1)
The National- Boxer
The Roots-How I Got Over
Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel........
De La Soul - Is Dead
De La Soul - Buhloone Mindstate
Pavement- Slanted and Enchanted
Guru - Jazzmatazz Vol 1 (tie 15)
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Digable Planets - Blowout Comb
TLC - Crazysexycool
Mobb Deep - The Infamous
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Boatman's Call
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus
The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People
Madvillian- Madvilliany
Sleater-Kinney - The Woods
Panda Bear - Person Pitch

EDIT: please @me if I should add/remove any record.

I think the N&G community is blessed and privileged to have @gaporter amongst us. She's a rare treat of a person. We are also blesssed and privileged to have a JQBX which serves our interests much more so than the typical IRC channel most large forums have wherein some shadowy shard of the population tends to live. that these two things happened to intersect for this AOTM is not a condemnation of the exclusivity of the JQBX membership which is freely open to anyone at any time.

I mean, if it were exclusive I guess those of us around when clues dropped could have just kept them to our exclusive selves to maintain an advantage? Where's the gratitude?

Yea like when my high ass dug into my google history to drop some clue that none of us bothered with originally!

I be blessing when i remember to

i ageee @gaporter is absolutely one of my very favourite people on here, she’s funny, intelligent and great company. I’m just finding this whole thing hugely frustrating so far and am just looking forward to being able to talk about music and whether or not she may or may not like it rather than flailing.

I agree with you on the JQBX, but it’s not open to all, it’s open to all with Spotify, that’s why I’m not on there anymore, I did enjoy my time in there though. I don’t see how there is any “advantage” or “disadvantage” it’s just an excuse for a bunch of people to guess an album and chat about music and for one lucky person to pick that album and share a bit of themselves with us.

Last edited:
Back