Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 6 - December 2019 /// The Gloaming - 3 [2019]

What is best tipple to have with a pizza?

• Beer

• Red Wine

• White Wine

• Other (Discuss Below)

• Pop

• Fizzy Pop

• Water

Results are only viewable after voting.
Or Doves.

The question is, would I be that obvious? Maybe I would thinking it’d be a double bluff because you wouldn’t think I would? Who knows?

Well other than me of course, I know!

Or

View attachment 21679,

Oh and pizza are cooked for beers and beers are brewed for everything.

Nice digging? But are those birds doves? Is that the link? Only Joe knows 😉

The question is, would I be that obvious? Maybe I would thinking it’d be a double bluff because you wouldn’t think I would? Who knows?

Well other than me of course, I know!

Nice digging? But are those birds doves? Is that the link? Only Joe knows 😉

Your tricky posts won't work me, I know that you know that I already know. And you know that!

Don't waste you time, I spent a month in Cork drinking Murphy's, Beamish and Guiness beers, I know how your *Oh the pendulum spins, look at this!*

There’s no flies on @Skalap

PS As a non-native English speaker how the hell did you understand a word those mad yokes down there in Cork were saying in that sing song way they speak!

There’s no flies on @Skalap

PS As a non-native English speaker how the hell did you understand a word those mad yokes down there in Cork were saying in that sing song way they speak!

I speak any language after drinking Irish beers so imagine oh good I was my English when I was there. Jokes aside, with my group we went to visit a castle near Cork (can't remember which or where exactly) but I remember we had an old man as tour guide. We were supposed to have an accompagnant who was there to translate into French and... she didn't understood shit he was saying! Poor man spent the tour giving a lot of information about the castle and our "translator" couldn't translate half he was explaining.

I speak any language after drinking Irish beers so imagine oh good I was my English when I was there. Jokes aside, with my group we went to visit a castle near Cork (can't remember which or where exactly) but I remember we had an old man as tour guide. We were supposed to have an accompagnant who was there to translate into French and... she didn't understood shit he was saying! Poor man spent the tour giving a lot of information about the castle and our "translator" couldn't translate half he was explaining.

if I was to guess I’d say Blarney Castle, gotta take the tourists to kiss the Blarney Stone!

So I think I had hinted at doing this before. Basically I had 5 albums by the end that I was deciding between that I narrowed down to the pick that will be announced on the 22nd (even though you seem to think you know what it is already). i thought it might give you all an insight into the options I was choosing between and that it might introduce you all to something else new!

So without further ado...

Oasis - Definitely Maybe (1994)

Pros: This album had a fundamental and profound affect on me. It was basically brimming with attitude and positivity, it‘s about having nothing but not letting that get you down and rather embracing the world and dreaming of reaching the stars. Oasis would never be this good again, that said very few ever get to ever be this good in the first place.

Cons: No one needs to be introduced to Oasis, they’re pretty big. Everyone has already made their mind up on this band. There are some on here who I know would troll this pick.

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible (1994)

Pros: This album is a force of nature. It’s abrasive, difficult, angry and dark. This is the last album the band made before the disapearance of Richey Edwards and it in parts it paints the portrait of a troubled mind whilst at others it brims with the righteous political and moral rage that only the Manics have. Musically this album is sparse, all angular punk rock with a gothic (with a small g) feel. This isn’t an easy listen (even though I will fight to the death for Faster being their best single) but it is never short of brilliant and it is the most fully realised artistic statement by a British Rock act in the 90s.

Cons: The Manics are pretty big already. It’s not the easiest of albums to be forcing a group of people to listen to.

Lisa Hannigan - Passengers (2011)

Pros: A brilliant album by a brilliant artist. A really enjoyable second album from the Irish singer-songwritter at the top of her game. Lisa Hannigan is a national treasure and has ably stepped out of the shadow of her former collaborator (she was Damien Rice’s backing singer) to the point where I think of her as the far superior artist. She really is deserving of a much larger platform.

Cons: Availability in the US seemed patchy when i was finalising my choice a month ago.

Anna Mieke - Idle Mind (2019)

Pros: My favourite discovery this year. I hope this lady goes on to find a much larger audience. Anna is from Wicklow here in Ireland and has been schooled in all the traditional Irish styles, including sean-nòs singing, becoming a master of her craft. This is a beautiful straight folk album and is my favourite new discovery of this year by a distance.

Cons; A very small artist on a very small indie label. Availability is limited here, never mind abroad. I would like a bit longer with this particular album and artist before i recommend it.

Your Album of the Month (201?)

I hope you enjoy this little piece and I’ve put Spotify links to each of the albums in the post i had reserved for this purpose on the first page.

Last edited:
Oasis - Definitely Maybe (1994)

Pros: This album had a fundamental and profound affect on me. It was basically brimming with attitude and positivity, it‘s about having nothing but not letting that get you down and rather embracing the world and dreaming of reaching the stars. Oasis would never be this good again, that said very few ever get to ever be this good.

Cons: No one needs to be introduced to Oasis, they’re pretty big. Everyone has already made their mind up on this band. There are some on here who I know would troll this pick.

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible (1994)

Pros: This album is a force of nature. It’s abrasive, difficult, angry and dark. This is the last album the band made before the disapearance of Richey Edwards and it in parts it paints the portrait of a troubled mind whilst at others it brims with the righteous political and moral rage that only the Manics have. Musically this album is sparse, all angular punk rock with a gothic (with a small g) feel. This isn’t an easy listen (even though I will fight to the death for Faster being their best single) but it is never short of brilliance and it is the most fully realised artistic statement by a British Rock act in the 90s.

Cons: The Manics are pretty big already. It’s not the easiest of albums to be forcing a group of people to listen to.
Tbh i don't mind if an LP or the artist is already pretty well known.. some people don't own classics, or would like your writing about it

Your Album of the Month (201?)
Another month another album released in the 2010s

We still need more variety in decades

Back