Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 50 - August 2023 /// Lula Reed - Blue and Moody

Loved Omoiyari when I first listened to it but never went through his discography. Something I should definitely do.
I jumped on during the cycle for Sonderlust - Veb and Bluejay and someone else I loved from the old forums (who was the dude with vape shop that decided to go raving across the country?) we’re talking him up. I fel in love. Saw him live, snatched up the entire discography. It is all very solid. Omoiyari is a masterwork though 0probably right behind Phosphorescent Blues in my albums of the century.

I jumped on during the cycle for Sonderlust - Veb and Bluejay and someone else I loved from the old forums (who was the dude with vape shop that decided to go raving across the country?) we’re talking him up. I fel in love. Saw him live, snatched up the entire discography. It is all very solid. Omoiyari is a masterwork though 0probably right behind Phosphorescent Blues in my albums of the century.

Will give these albums a listen. Thanks Lee.

Gatorjim!

You guys haven’t been paying attention. Clue #1 Highway sign and @Kris is a Brandi Carlile stan so clearly is this…
View attachment 176636
Which was an homage to the Outlaw County supergroup The Highwaymen featuring Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson.
IMG_3664.jpeg
Good guess! I’m tagged so is this an official guess?

No, it is a Virginia State Route 604 road sign.

604 covers like a bajillion different roads all over Virginia, so if this clue is an indication of location, it doesn't narrow it down too much for those of us who live here and are familiar with the region. I will say skimming that list of Virginia counties that have a 604, noticeably absent are most of Hampton Roads (Norfolk, Virginia Beach, etc) and Richmond (although it is in nearby Chesterfield and Hanover). Overall, much of it can be found in more rural parts of the state such as the Eastern Shore or the Shenandoah Valley.

604 covers like a bajillion different roads all over Virginia, so if this clue is an indication of location, it doesn't narrow it down too much for those of us who live here and are familiar with the region. I will say skimming that list of Virginia counties that have a 604, noticeably absent are most of Hampton Roads (Norfolk, Virginia Beach, etc) and Richmond (although it is in nearby Chesterfield and Hanover). Overall, much of it can be found in more rural parts of the state such as the Eastern Shore or the Shenandoah Valley.
I don’t want to send you all down too deep of a rabbit hole. I googled 604 and didn’t realize it was a road sign. 604 was not a location clue.

Back