Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 5 - November 2019 /// Ruen Brothers "All My Shades of Blue" (2018)

View attachment 42773

Ha, was just going to post this. šŸ¤˜

Very late to this party, but I've very much enjoyed discovering this album today. Thank you @ThePakoBuelna for the pick. Not something I'd ever even heard of, but got excited seeing Rick Rubin was attached, and thoroughly enjoyed this thread (I think it's my 5th full AotM thread read now, including this month's).

Knowing the results coming in, it was pretty hilarious to see @Jonathan Y nail it before it even officially began - but I imagine that must have been frustrating as well. I was also pleased to see @TenderLovingKillerĀ® mention the should, and were, touring with Orville Peck as I had similar thoughts pretty quick into my first listen when I was just digging into this thread (I listened twice straight through over the course of reading it). Every now and then there are moments in the album where the vocals remind me of Vitalogy era Eddie Vedder, but only a little bit and only for brief glimpses. Not sure if I'm the only one, but I thought that was an interesting tidbit.

Some friends and I around here run a Secret Santa-style Record Club where we buy a record for whomever we've drawn every month, I can definitely see myself getting a copy of this for pretty much any other member of that club, so I may just pay the discovery forward in the coming months. Thanks again!

Back