Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 48 - June 2023 /// Tony Sly - 12 Song Program

Fuck I love this album.

It just got the rare flip it right over and start back at the beginning treatment on the platter.

I love that a CD sized lyric booklet is included. I'm avoiding looking too closely at it just yet because I'm still enjoying picking nuggets out of songs on repeated listens but I already know this will be an album I dive deeper into the lyrics with because there are so many great snippets that grab me along my listens.

@scotthilk Thank you so much for sending me a copy of this album. It's instantly become a favorite. I have loved every track on it and am blown away by the quality of this pressing. It's gorgeous, perfectly flat and silent, and the vocals and strings both have dimension to them. It's up there with some audiophile releases I have which is just shocking to me from Fat Wreck.

Thank you for introducing me to this album. I've been dealing with stuff related to my mom's death and this album is the first one I've listened to since then that I've really felt. It's just right and so well done. Thanks again!

Mine arrived today and we’re listening to it now! Sounds so great, thanks again, @scotthilk

My toddler during the silence between the first and second song:

"MORE!"

Fuck I love this album.

It just got the rare flip it right over and start back at the beginning treatment on the platter.

I love that a CD sized lyric booklet is included. I'm avoiding looking too closely at it just yet because I'm still enjoying picking nuggets out of songs on repeated listens but I already know this will be an album I dive deeper into the lyrics with because there are so many great snippets that grab me along my listens.

@scotthilk Thank you so much for sending me a copy of this album. It's instantly become a favorite. I have loved every track on it and am blown away by the quality of this pressing. It's gorgeous, perfectly flat and silent, and the vocals and strings both have dimension to them. It's up there with some audiophile releases I have which is just shocking to me from Fat Wreck.

Thank you for introducing me to this album. I've been dealing with stuff related to my mom's death and this album is the first one I've listened to since then that I've really felt. It's just right and so well done. Thanks again!

I concur with @avecigrec and @Hemotep - this is a really special album, and I've found it comforting as I deal with my dad's sickness. It's also an album that I probably wouldn't have ever come across myself, so I really appreciate you sharing it @scotthilk !
Genuinely overwhelmed at these responses and so very, very happy that you are enjoying it. I'm sure his family will be extremely grateful to know that his music is still reaching fresh ears as well as long time fans.

I will post some further listening stuff in June, but for now, enjoy the record :)

Back