Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 45 – March 2023 /// The Men - New York City

You guys give up, or are you thirsty for more?
View attachment 166319

I will say one of the bands guessed does share a producer credit (though not on the particular guessed album) with the your March AotM.

Definitely still checking up for updates here, I thought your quiet few days was a good way of leaving us hanging and adding to the suspense.
I think a thin spreading of hints really works btw.
(also I wondered if ac ertain guess a week or so ago might be correct- but maybe not....)

Ok have another guess.

The Diodes - The Diodes.

Being hung up on the Uncle Buck soundrack now thanks to Clue #3, I´m going to guess it is something by the Chordettes, as they are a quartet and their song Mr. Sandman appears on the Uncle Buck Soundtrack. Maybe The Chordettes - The Chordettes (1957) ?

You’ve got 2 of the 3 clues figured out.

It's The Minus 5 - The Minus 5 :
It matches the White Album, this one being the Gun Album ;
It maches the Fantastic Four with their name and they are also four members ;
It matches Uncle Buck as Peter Buck is in the band.

Bandcamp says :
The Minus 5 is the self-titled seventh full-length album by American rock band The Minus 5. Featuring a lineup of Scott McCaughey, Peter Buck (of R.E.M.), Bill Rieflin, and John Ramberg, it features contributions from Kelly Hogan, Colin Meloy of The Decemberists, and Sean Nelson of Harvey Danger. It is often referred to as "The Gun Album".

Bandcamp says :
The Minus 5 is the self-titled seventh full-length album by American rock band The Minus 5. Featuring a lineup of Scott McCaughey, Peter Buck (of R.E.M.), Bill Rieflin, and John Ramberg, it features contributions from Kelly Hogan, Colin Meloy of The Decemberists, and Sean Nelson of Harvey Danger. It is often referred to as "The Gun Album".

It sounds so Plausible.

I said those words in my mind and had a flashback to 90s self watching Bill Hicks talk about Dinosaurs - Someone might get the reference......

Great Stand up.

I am a mischievous God, see me hide my big lizard bones.

It sounds so Plausible.

I said those words in my mind and had a flashback to 90s self watching Bill Hicks talk about Dinosaurs - Someone might get the reference......

Great Stand up.

I am a mischievous God, see me hide my big lizard bones.

I don't get the reference. In the 90s I was not in the US, I don't know who is Bill Hicks and we don't have dinosaurs in Europe for millions of years so nobody can really talk about them. Well except Scottish people who had the chance to see the Loch Ness monster.

I don't get the reference. In the 90s I was not in the US, I don't know who is Bill Hicks and we don't have dinosaurs in Europe for millions of years so nobody can really talk about them. Well except Scottish people who had the chance to see the Loch Ness monster.

When I write non sense posts like this one I think about when I'll run the AOTM thread and I get as excited as Nathan Ricaud gets when VMP releases something, no matter what the record is, or its price, even if its only a lighter.

Bandcamp says :

I guessed a different album of theirs a page or two ago. The clues fit! But I think we're wrong.

Bandcamp says :

Nah. On the plus side you will have the opportunity to guess other albums. You only got one of the official clues correct and even that one, you’re still hung up on the Beatles. the Fantastic Four and the Fab 4 have one thing in common and it’s not adjectives.

Definitely still checking up for updates here, I thought your quiet few days was a good way of leaving us hanging and adding to the suspense.
I think a thin spreading of hints really works btw.
(also I wondered if ac ertain guess a week or so ago might be correct- but maybe not....)

Ok have another guess.

The Diodes - The Diodes.
35A2F2CE-B9EE-47D1-89D3-5A1D6988966B.gif

I think I was in Bolton Lancs when I first saw that Stand up...

Being hung up on the Uncle Buck soundrack now thanks to Clue #3, I´m going to guess it is something by the Chordettes, as they are a quartet and their song Mr. Sandman appears on the Uncle Buck Soundtrack. Maybe The Chordettes - The Chordettes (1957) ?
I wouldn’t get too hung up on the Uncle Buck clue in that it’s a very specific and if someone figures out that specific clue then they would also figure the album. I was hedging that no one would figure that one out.

Back