Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 41 - November 2022 /// The Weakerthans - Reconstruction Site

Hey @avecigrec, in case you didn't see it, Stereogum has an ode to Reconstruction site as it nears 20 years old (!). It's a good read, and well deserved praise for a great album:

Hey @avecigrec, in case you didn't see it, Stereogum has an ode to Reconstruction site as it nears 20 years old (!). It's a good read, and well deserved praise for a great album:

That was great, thanks!

Great article. The line "“I know you’re strong,” the cat says quietly, and then the song tears itself apart." was a fantastic way to describe the end of that song.

Been a few months since I engaged in my hobby of digging through new releases on Bandcamp in realtime shortly after midnight EST on New Release Friday, but last night I happened to do so and came across this:

I recognized a couple of names on the demos compilation, and took a quick gander at the actual compilation from 2019:

...which has a few more familiar names, even.

Checking out the demos now, and will try to check out the tribute proper over the weekend.

Been a few months since I engaged in my hobby of digging through new releases on Bandcamp in realtime shortly after midnight EST on New Release Friday, but last night I happened to do so and came across this:

I recognized a couple of names on the demos compilation, and took a quick gander at the actual compilation from 2019:

...which has a few more familiar names, even.

Checking out the demos now, and will try to check out the tribute proper over the weekend.

Actually just noticed there were 4 copies of the vinyl presale left.
Expensive, but free shipping, which makes it slightly less so.
Anyhoo, I bought one blind. So now there are 3 copies remaining.
My friend Skye Wallace whom I've not seen in too long is on this, so that alone made it worth securing one.

Back