Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

Angel Olsen lives in Asheville. This is too easy and seems like a clue meant to steer us in the wrong direction, IMO.

If I have to link it, Nicole Atkins grew up in Asbury Park which is on the Jersey Shore (of the Atlantic Ocean)...
Quick TJ; put Asheville on your list of places to visit. Such a wonderful town.

It true. He soft sold me on it. LOL
its got great summer temps (lower humidity); great music scene (read: Orange Peel music venue) and actually lots of artists play there. No real big venue. Beer City USA for many years. I mean a shit ton of micro brews. Very cool art scene. And don't get me started on the outdoor activities. If you Mountain bike and have not been here...for SHAME. Also, @Goatfish Cincy is a cool town, too. Love the architecture downtown.

its got great summer temps (lower humidity); great music scene (read: Orange Peel music venue) and actually lots of artists play there. No real big venue. Beer City USA for many years. I mean a shit ton of micro brews. Very cool art scene. And don't get me started on the outdoor activities. If you Mountain bike and have not been here...for SHAME. Also, @Goatfish Cincy is a cool town, too. Love the architecture downtown.
Awesome! Thanks for the recs. It is an area of the country I am, admittedly, not very familiar with.

ALSO, I cannot see your avatar pic without thinking about Will Ferrell pronouncing the word "Plums". HAHAHAHA

Awesome! Thanks for the recs. It is an area of the country I am, admittedly, not very familiar with.

ALSO, I cannot see your avatar pic without thinking about Will Ferrell pronouncing the word "Plums". HAHAHAHA
That's one of my favorite scenes in the KP saga. Western NC is a hot bead. I live in Knoxville and visit that area frequently. There is a cool ski town area called Boone/Blowing Rock and its where Appy State College is located (some might remember the football team beat Michigan several years back) and the temps there during the summer are about 5-10 below average PLUS low humidity.

That's one of my favorite scenes in the KP saga. Western NC is a hot bead. I live in Knoxville and visit that area frequently. There is a cool ski town area called Boone/Blowing Rock and its where Appy State College is located (some might remember the football team beat Michigan several years back) and the temps there during the summer are about 5-10 below average PLUS low humidity.
Boone is possibly my favorite place on the planet.

My wife’s family is multi generational natives to Boone. From their perspective it is very depressing because property taxes and prices have reached a point that people from there can hardly afford to live there. The hospital and college are the two primary employers of non college kids. Otherwise, everyone has to have a varied set of service skills that they employ as these seasons drastically change. For the most part, you can’t work during the winter unless you run a snow plow or something like that. The rapid development to cash in on the tourism and summer homing has destroyed much of the natural beauty of the area and what’s left of the local population fights contantly tomorevent more land more destruction. Sugar Top Resort is the epitome and landmark case for this phenomenon.

Back