Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 25 - July 2021 // Dota - Kaleko

I wouldn't be surprised if some folks, like myself, are still digesting the album and preparing questions eventually. In the meantime:

Top 5 Personal Fruit Ranking?

(s/o to @TenderLovingKiller® for asking this initially to Khemmis)
Sorry, did not want to pressure on this, just did not want the thread to get lost upon all the vmp announcement excitement

View attachment 103749

This just arrived! Giving it a listen, and will come up with a question or two.
Sounds great so far! Thanks for introducing Dota to us!
Let me know if lyric booklets with translations are of interst and I'll put one together. Since the copyrights of the poems are with the publishers of Mascha Kalékos books Dota could not afford to print the lyrics with the record

Let me know if lyric booklets with translations are of interst and I'll put one together. Since the copyrights of the poems are with the publishers of Mascha Kalékos books Dota could not afford to print the lyrics with the record
Danke!
I enjoyed listening even without the translations, though it would be interesting to read the translation.
Cheers!

I would be interested in this!

I got notice that my copy shipped, but the ETA they gave me is not until early August so I am waiting patiently.

Today is NOT the last day for posting questions for the AMA!

I have some more:

1) Was there one Mascha Kaléko poem in particular that you read which convinced you to make this album featuring her poetry?

2) Have you heard from the "unknown audience member" who gave you the book of Mascha Kaléko's poetry now that this album has been released?

3) The song Kein Kinderlied sounds very brisk and playful, but the poem/lyrics could be interpreted as expressing loneliness and isolation. The music on this song sounds like there is a kind of genuine, joyful freedom in the isolation, or maybe the playfulness is a cover or mask for the pain of loneliness. How did you decide what this song should sound like for your album?

4) What are three places that you wish tourists would see when they visit Berlin?

5) According to Wikipedia, "The main kinds of fruit used for German schnapps are raspberries, apples, pears, plums, cherries, and apricots. Fruits other than these six are rarely used." But in the UK and the US, peach schnapps is arguably the most popular. Do you have a strong opinion on which is the best kind of fruited schnapps?

EDIT: NOT the last day to post questions for the AMA

Last edited:
Today is the last day for posting questions for the AMA!

I have some more:

1) Was there one Mascha Kaléko poem in particular that you read which convinced you to make this album featuring her poetry?

2) Have you heard from the "unknown audience member" who gave you the book of Mascha Kaléko's poetry now that this album has been released?

3) The song Kein Kinderlied sounds very brisk and playful, but the poem/lyrics could be interpreted as expressing loneliness and isolation. The music on this song sounds like there is a kind of genuine, joyful freedom in the isolation, or maybe the playfulness is a cover or mask for the pain of loneliness. How did you decide what this song should sound like for your album?

4) What are three places that you wish tourists would see when they visit Berlin?

5) According to Wikipedia, "The main kinds of fruit used for German schnapps are raspberries, apples, pears, plums, cherries, and apricots. Fruits other than these six are rarely used." But in the UK and the US, peach schnapps is arguably the most popular. Do you have a strong opinion on which is the best kind of fruited schnapps?
Thanks, but seeing that shipping takes a while and heeding @Colonel_Angus advice I'll be postponing the deadline so people will have the chance to listen to their records and come up with question.
I hope that is okay with everyone

so glad to have a little more time to digest and ask questions! my last week was wild and I'd love to get a question in over the weekend if possible
Take your time. I'll probably get to send the questions after family vacaction which means and of July

Back