Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 21 - March 2021 /// Melissa Laveaux - Radyo Siwèl.

FIFTH CLUE:

45.4215° N, 75.6972° W
48.8566° N, 2.3522° E
18.9712° N, 72.2852° W
48.8566° N, 2.3522° E
cold place
coldish place
not cold place
coldish place.

medium cold album.

France has ties to Haiti and Canada. French Canadian Haitian connection confirmation? kreyol somehow.

Lunice? Muzion? Gayance? Shash'U? High Klassified?

why is the circle getting bigger, not smaller

I'm pretty sure Hotel De Ville isn't actually a hotel, but the City Hall of Paris. Lots of historically significant stuff happened there.

So, we've got Canadian, Haitian, and French connections... I'm lost, but I'm into it.
Colonel was also just lazy and this is the location that GoogleEarth defaults to when you search Paris, France... I'm not reading too much into buildings at this point. Same with Haiti...

Sooo... I randomly came across the artist Melissa Laveaux. I'm not famliar, but she seems to fit some of the clues..

Her parents are from Haiti, she went to school in Ottawa and subsequently moved to Paris. And she apparently covered Crazy in Love on the deluxe version of her album Camphor and Copper (which was put out by Parisian label No Format!).

So my guess is still Cristina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle

Cristina sings Lady Marmelade, song from Moulin Rouge (and where is the Moulin Rouge ?).

I'm guessing K'naan - Troubadour. Nominated for Polaris, he sang on a charity song for Haiti, not sure about anything else.

Back