Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 21 - March 2021 /// Melissa Laveaux - Radyo Siwèl.

giphy.gif

My guess: Blue Öyster Cult ‎– Spectres

Yea. Hello, you're welcome is the gif title in haitian creole

Gotta be Mach-Hommy

EDIT: OR........he wants to lead us to We Are the World 25 for Haiti.....maybe they were apart of that. Which leaves only 85 names to choose from

lol
yes, a combo of Beyonce, who is Creole, and the Haitian French file name. speaking of... Beyonce? @Colonel_Angus? /summon @Teeeee

and now we have J. Jolibois Fils- someone painted in controversy in the early 1900s by US text, but that was probably because he was a big part of the Haitian resistance to US occupation, and advocated for people of different classes to unite against imperialism.

plus, the Polaris prize. and now, Jamaican-ancestry American hitmaker Harry Belafonte (who also covered a famous Haitian Creole poem in English.)

um. I dunno.

Robert Glasper has sampled Harry Belafonte, and has worked with Polaris-prize winning Haitian-Canadian Kaytranada, including on a remix album. Robert Glasper is from the same hometown as Beyonce, who speaks some Creole.

I think considering babe is rapid-firing clues at us, none of this means anything- but I want to be included, so I'll guess Glasper's Black Radio 2 for now.

Back