Needles & Grooves AOTM /// Vol. 20 - February 2021 /// Birds of Chicago - Love in Wartime

3q62.gif

Larkin Poe - Self Made Man

- originally from northern Georgia, and they play music that evokes the Great Smoky Mountains
- now based in Nashville and have played at the Ryman
- The Edgar Allan Poe House is in North Carolina, and EA is where the women take Poe from.
- songs firmly rooted in the blues of the American south, and some mean guitar, a la Scrapper Blackwell.
- most recent album

*** nvm been discussed on the forum for sure. I'm just trying to move on from the hamlato.

Larkin Poe - Self Made Man

- originally from northern Georgia, and they play music that evokes the Great Smoky Mountains
- now based in Nashville and have played at the Ryman
- The Edgar Allan Poe House is in North Carolina, and EA is where the women take Poe from.
- songs firmly rooted in the blues of the American south, and some mean guitar, a la Scrapper Blackwell.
- most recent album

*** nvm been discussed on the forum for sure. I'm just trying to move on from the hamlato.
You rang?
636609381718215444-ICECREAM.jpg

ACK!!!

okay.

Mandolin Orange - Tides of a Teardrop

- they have released music this year, but this early 2019 release is their last full album and still available on their bandcamp.
- local(ish) yokels to our chap Lee
- Duke Forest borders the edge of the Piedmont. the Piedmont is both that region of NC and the style of blues that Scrapper plays, and it's where this Americana folk group is from
- they follow in the Appalachian tradition
- they appear on the US Parks Projects suggested playlist for the Great Smoky Mountains
- the next show on their tour schedule is at the Ryman

ah so I am talking to Lee from the past. even better!

Lee hi hello, I am from January 5th, so apparently you already told me and I just forgot, so whisper or message or however past you likes to communicate! I'm all ears.
Fixed. Sorry.

Back