Needles & Grooves AOTM /// Vol. 20 - February 2021 /// Birds of Chicago - Love in Wartime

you're all getting ahead of yourselves and overcomplicating things.
@Lee Newman himself mentioned his intention to confuse and misdirect

all clues are related to Carolina..., but instead of the State of NC or SC... what if he's referring to Carolina, a lady....

who wrote one of the most celebrated songs dedicated to Carolina?

Shaggy - Pure Pleasure

you can thank me later

I would not be surprised if, as Lee is giving one hint per day, these firsts were only to point in the direction of where the artist/artists comes from. So my new guess (forget Incredible Bongo Band, Rayman and Bloc Party) is that it's a band from North Carolina but I won't say it's name for now (mainly because I have no idea).

EDIT: funny that you can't like your own posts but you can report your own posts
While that seems counterintuitive... mods and admins can edit your posts, so giving you the power to report your own post ensures some level of transparency and accountability.

Francis Hillman "Scrapper" Blackwell was an American blues guitarist and singer, best known as half of the guitar-piano duo he formed with Leroy Carr in the late 1920s and early 1930s. He was an acoustic single-note picker in the Chicago blues and Piedmont blues styles. Some critics have noted that he veered towards jazz.

Gimme some blues

second attempt for a guess, since I see Piedmont mentioned twice.

Piedmont (Piemonte) is the region where I come from, in Italy.
I am from Turin (Torino) city with a few notable musician, unfortunately with very few of them recognized outside of Italy.
One better known son of Piemonte is Paolo Conte (from Asti, better known for the fantastic red wines, barolo, dolcetto, nebbiolo, etc.), pianist and composer, mainly producing pop jazz with mediterranean and south American atmospheres..
I doubt (I haven't bothered to check) that he has ever been mentioned in our forum...

so, my (very likely incorrect, misplaced and irrelevant) guess is:
Paolo Conte - Un gelato al limon (1979)

Back