Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

Looking likely. I’m a wink emoji from @Goatfish away from preordering.

tenor.gif

Btw - i’m Excited for this pick. The guess threads were the reason I went to the previous forum and I honestly couldn’t give a fiddler’s fuck what the VMP AOTM is, i’m all about these members picked and I am pleased to have been a part of these initial selections.

This has been an absolute blast. Thank you guys for making this an engaging thread thus far even though this genre may be outside the collective wheelhouse. Thank you @Murfocakes for doing such an awesome job. I appreciate you.

Can’t wait to be @Teeeee ’s wingman next month.

One of these is correct:

@tonythegamer - Mastodon - Crack The Skye
@tonythegamer Mastodon - Once More Round The Sun
@D Jilla Khemmis - Hunted
@AC Slaughter Power Trip - Manifest Decimation
@Djjza High On Fire - Electric Messiah

Pump the brakes if you think you know it. False confidence abounds.
That last statement makes me think it’s Mastodon or Power Trip. Mastodon would be nice, saw them last year with Primus and have been meaning to pick up some vinyl from them.

Need to check out Power Trip.

I’m rooting for Electric Messiah and will probably grab it regardless when I find out it’s not the AOTM. That album rules.

One of these is correct:

@tonythegamer - Mastodon - Crack The Skye
@tonythegamer Mastodon - Once More Round The Sun
@D Jilla Khemmis - Hunted
@AC Slaughter Power Trip - Manifest Decimation
@Djjza High On Fire - Electric Messiah

Pump the brakes if you think you know it. False confidence abounds.
I already own Crack the Skye, Hunted, and Manifest Decimation. Hope it’s one of the others so I have an excuse (like I need one) to buy one of these. Hoping for High On Fire for the simple reason that I don’t own any and I probably should.

As a relative metal ignoramus, that double bass (I think?) sound that Hire on Fire gets on the Electric Messiah album is really cool. I don't think I've ever heard a bass drum sound that way, I don't know if it is something about the way they recorded it or what. Just seems extra punchy instead of just thuddy? I hope you like my excellent bass drum adjectives.

Back